Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank Lampard

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Seems he is, and always has been, signed with Man City. He has never been signed with New York never ever. Sounds so dodgy to me that FIFA must be behind it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To work in NYC or Manchester.......NYC no brainer I'd have though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You mean fat frank?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I heard on Football Weekly that he isn't signed with either club but rather a holding company that owns both clubs (City Holdings Ltd or something). Not sure of the legalities but it seems that with this method of ownership he can switch registration between NY City FC and Man City FC fairly easily. Perhaps he will play for both simultaneously?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he was a free agent so could have signed for any club. so why would there be anything untoward? at most a promotional fillip for New York, seems maybe his signing for them was an advance deal.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You wouldn't say that if you were here today!

I would.

If I was a player, I would definitely choose to play for teams in beautiful and exciting places - it always amazes me that players who are already earning more than you could ever need choose the better deal financially rather than spiritually.

I remember a player moving from Barcelona to Middlesbrough once - Michael Reiziger. Utterly incomprehensible in my book.

Stevie G must be champing at the bit at the thought of moving to the West Coast of California!

Dec 29, 2011
I would.

If I was a player, I would definitely choose to play for teams in beautiful and exciting places - it always amazes me that players who are already earning more than you could ever need choose the better deal financially rather than spiritually.

I remember a player moving from Barcelona to Middlesbrough once - Michael Reiziger. Utterly incomprehensible in my book.

Stevie G must be champing at the bit at the thought of moving to the West Coast of California!

Totally agree. Having unlimited money and the ability to live in Italy, Paris, Spain, America etc would be amazing. You could learn the language, eat the food, play football and anything would be within limits for you. Even if you missed England you could get back in two hours every few weeks for a few days off.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Totally agree. Having unlimited money and the ability to live in Italy, Paris, Spain, America etc would be amazing. You could learn the language, eat the food, play football and anything would be within limits for you. Even if you missed England you could get back in two hours every few weeks for a few days off.

Thierry Henry certainly had a great gig playing for Red Bulls for 3 years. Earned a shed load of money, bought a fancy apartment in the East Village, and really treated most games as a training session. Nice little earner if you can get it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I still don't understand why Chelski let him go, his stats says it all.
Is Terry any better?

If I was making a Premier League 11 Terry would still be one of the first names on the sheet, despite the fact he is a massive prick, obviously.

Lampard still has the quality but doesn't have the engine to last longer than 30 mins or so these days. CM's have a lot more running to do than CB's.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Does it go something like this:

City couldn't sign Fat Frank because of FPP

City's owners also own NY.

NY signed Frank and then loaned him to Citeh.

Two fingers at FPP and City get the player they want.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does it go something like this:

City couldn't sign Fat Frank because of FPP

City's owners also own NY.

NY signed Frank and then loaned him to Citeh.

Two fingers at FPP and City get the player they want.

No it doesn't.

Chelsea didn't offer Lampard a contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here