Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton A&E doctor tells Prime Minister ‘you lied’ about NHS

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The current shortfall in NHS funding, will IMO open the door to number 10 for the less than impressive Ed. It's going to be his 'poll tax'. God help us with a hung parliament and Farange having just handful of MPs yet a huge influence in Westminster.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The current shortfall in NHS funding, will IMO open the door to number 10 for the less than impressive Ed. It's going to be his 'poll tax'. God help us with a hung parliament and Farange having just handful of MPs yet a huge influence in Westminster.

I think the balance of power is more likely to be with the SNP, and they have already said, they won't get into bed with the Tories, so hopefully the NHS will be saved.

It does worry me though, how much is it going to cost, to put right the Tories mess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the balance of power is more likely to be with the SNP, and they have already said, they won't get into bed with the Tories, so hopefully the NHS will be saved.

It does worry me though, how much is it going to cost, to put right the Tories mess.

This.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Indeed. Public services aren't really important - above all, what is of paramount importance is that Westminster's corporate buddies get obscenely richer so they don't leave the country.

Welfare, the NHS, or the needs of the general public should be secondary to making the richest people in the country lots and lots and lots more money! We'd miss them if they were gone, honest.

You are so right, and lets hope we can re-new Trident, so we pay billions and billions we can't afford, for a weapons system we would never use, just to fuel politicians vanity

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just a few words he has written that will stick until the next election
"lions let by donkeys"

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's not so much 'call me Dave' David Cameron's lies on this issue that upset me- I expect them. It's that he then hides behind his dead son to avoid criticism that I find completely despicable.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Does any other nation in Europe operate a NHS type system? If so I wonder how much it cost per head of population and how we compare?

Maybe we are underfunding or maybe we are throwing to much money into a bucket with holes in it?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's not so much 'call me Dave' David Cameron's lies on this issue that upset me- I expect them. It's that he then hides behind his dead son to avoid criticism that I find completely despicable.

Twice! It just does not get any lower does it and he is now running scared. How does he expect the NHS not to be a political issue on a run in to an election when he has made such a mess of it.
Plus all the other missed targets and lies.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Does any other nation in Europe operate a NHS type system? If so I wonder how much it cost per head of population and how we compare?

Maybe we are underfunding or maybe we are throwing to much money into a bucket with holes in it?

The only country that operates a similar system to the UK is Spain. Theirs is not an imitiation, it's actually a left-over remnant of the Franco dictatorship! Their spending on health is a little lower than the UK both per capita and as % of GDP. Spain manages better outcomes generally though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd rather the economy is Number 1. Without a strong economy there will be no money to fund the NHS.

Apparently we have one of those already, as I keep hearing every Wednesday at 12.00 am.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You are so right, and lets hope we can re-new Trident, so we pay billions and billions we can't afford, for a weapons system we would never use, just to fuel politicians vanity

Our nuclear arsenal has been bugger all use in Malaya, Suez, The Falklands, Gulf (1 & 2), Afghanistan, Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Kosovo, Aden, Radfan, Oman, Dhofar, Kenya, Cyprus, Borneo, Korea or Vietnam. WE only have it so we can still act like Billy Big Bollocks at the UN. Time to get rid of it and spend some of the money on conventional forces and the rest on health and social care.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Spending on the NHS has risen by 0.8% in real terms under the Tories, whether that money is being spent properly (too much management?)is open too question.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Spending on the NHS has risen by 0.8% in real terms under the Tories, whether that money is being spent properly (too much management?)is open too question.

This may be true, but the evidence in recent days has pointed to social care being at the root of the problem. Council budgets smashed with the result that the elderly are blocking beds in hospitals with nowhere for them to move on to.

And yes I would pay more tax for this to be sorted, so long as it's used efficiently.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here