Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool Away - Pick Your Own Seats

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
For the first time that I can recall, you can choose your own away seats - as quite a few have already done so. So unless our ticket office are allowed to print their own seat numbers on, it will take a lot of extra time to marry them up to the purchasers.
I just hope that despite all this, the standard approach of "sit where you want" applies here as usual.
If it was compulsory (?) seat number compliance, there is merit in this approach as it does enable those who want to definitely sit down to book seats in rows nearest to the front, and singers to congregate near the back. Other people could opt for the best view.
HOWEVER......Blackpool is not the place to do it because of those bloody posts holding up the stand roof. What may appear to be an ideal seat on the plan may have both goals partially obscured by posts. So it has to be freedom seating (preferably standing) for me.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
To be honest Blackpool stewards tend to be pretty decent about this and we probably won't sell out :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think you'll be fighting for seats at that one :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For the first time that I can recall, you can choose your own away seats - as quite a few have already done so. So unless our ticket office are allowed to print their own seat numbers on, it will take a lot of extra time to marry them up to the purchasers.
I just hope that despite all this, the standard approach of "sit where you want" applies here as usual.
If it was compulsory (?) seat number compliance, there is merit in this approach as it does enable those who want to definitely sit down to book seats in rows nearest to the front, and singers to congregate near the back. Other people could opt for the best view.
HOWEVER......Blackpool is not the place to do it because of those bloody posts holding up the stand roof. What may appear to be an ideal seat on the plan may have both goals partially obscured by posts. So it has to be freedom seating (preferably standing) for me.

Those choosing their own seats will probably have the seat and row number written in biro across the ticket by our ticket staff :lol:. I would say those pre-selecting where they want to sit have been before and know what the view is going to be like. For the rest who are going it will be a case of standing where you like or sitting down the front with a thermos flask of Bovril and wearing a bobble hat.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
am going to this for sure
flight booked to manchester
any tips on pre match / after match entertainment welcome
was thinking of pay on the day but do i need to get tickets

SheffieldSeagulls

Dec 6, 2014

I love the fact that you can pay an extra quid and get an 'Executive ' (ie padded) seat! See you there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here