Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and ride Arsenal match

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is this likely to work well given the expected large crowd and that it's on a Sunday? I'm considering using it for the first time but wonder how it will perform. I presume that Mithras House is best if coming from Eastbourne?

Thanks

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Is this likely to work well given the expected large crowd and that it's on a Sunday? I'm considering using it for the first time but wonder how it will perform. I presume that Mithras House is best if coming from Eastbourne?

Thanks

It'll work fine. Sunday makes no difference as the buses are hired specifically for the park and ride, and has been fine with large crowds in the past (although you may have to wait a while for the bus back to the car park).

And yes, I'd say Mithras the best bet for Eastbourne.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Ignore Mithras House please. I say that because I use it. If full they do have the disused site next door. Only problem is getting back post game. Queues are long so expect a 30 minute wait. Personally I've got Daughter driving so a post match pint will be awaiting my attention.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks chaps, how long does the park and ride operate for after the match? Is there time to escape the rush and have a drink or two?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Ignore Mithras House please. I say that because I use it. If full they do have the disused site next door. Only problem is getting back post game. Queues are long so expect a 30 minute wait. Personally I've got Daughter driving so a post match pint will be awaiting my attention.

Why wait in a bus queue. You could walk it in 20 mins or so.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Why wait in a bus queue. You could walk it in 20 mins or so.

Google maps reckons its about 42 mins, and having done it in the past its taken me about that. I must be a snail! ;)

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton

Thanks
I'd use the racecourse if coming from Eastbourne. (Or is it not used on Sundays?)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Google maps reckons its about 42 mins, and having done it in the past its taken me about that. I must be a snail! ;)

I did say "or so"! I remember walking from Brighton town centre to the Amex and it taking about an hour. It's about half way to Mithras House so 30 mins should be doable! Challenge yourself!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I did say "or so"! I remember walking from Brighton town centre to the Amex and it taking about an hour. It's about half way to Mithras House so 30 mins should be doable! Challenge yourself!

I'd go along with 30 minutes, at a modest pace. Have done it in 25.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'd use the racecourse if coming from Eastbourne. (Or is it not used on Sundays?)

It is used on Sundays.

It becomes a quagmire very easily though. My clutch has burnt out, and I hold P & R at the Racecourse responsible. :annoyed:

So I park in the streets outside it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here