Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub in Lewes for Sunday lunch - recommendations?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm looking for a pub in Lewes for Sunday lunch: there are four criteria to be met

a) Decent beer (Harveys preferably)
b) Kid-friendly food (ie chips rather than roast)
c) Something for veggies
d) Dog-friendly

Rather than search through all the pubs, I know there are few Lewes experts here who would know which pubs would hit the spot

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Both the Brewers and the Snowdrop are ok. However the Blacksmiths at Offham has recently changed hands does look after its Harveys well and Food very Good and reasonably priced.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Offham's a bit out of the way - the Brewers looks good (I've not been there for years), that ticks all the boxes - provided I can take the dog

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
John Harvey Tavern

I like the JHT, it's my usual Lewes drinking haunt but that's ruled out - children aren't allowed in the bar area (and dogs aren't allowed in the restaurant area)

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
I like the JHT, it's my usual Lewes drinking haunt but that's ruled out - children aren't allowed in the bar area (and dogs aren't allowed in the restaurant area)

The other good pub but not sure if it serves Harveys is Lewes Arms, Its a Fullers Pub and the food is good

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Think JHT is closed at the moment for a refurb.

Elly do good roasts and other grub and i'm hearing good things about the Black Horse too.

The Snowdrop has decent shelter to allow comfortable outside eating, obviously subject to the weather not being too extreme, but there won't be any issues arising from dogs or children.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does the Brewers have parking?

That's not an issue for me - we're on foot. I like the Snowdrop but it's a bit of a schlep, my daughter will have been playing rugby all morning and I don't want to add an additional walk after her efforts. The Brewers and the Elly look good to me

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
That's not an issue for me - we're on foot. I like the Snowdrop but it's a bit of a schlep, my daughter will have been playing rugby all morning and I don't want to add an additional walk after her efforts. The Brewers and the Elly look good to me

Apologies. I was asking for myself as also like the look of the pub.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Apologies. I was asking for myself as also like the look of the pub.

Sorry. I don't think it does as it's on the High St itself - and I think the streets at the back are residents only. Some Lewes residents may know better

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
No parking directly at the Brewers but a right turn just past it (heading west) you will find a small pay and display car park (Westgate Street). Alternatively the county hall car park can be found by turning left at the next set of lights (opposite the Black Horse) , less than a 10 min walk back down the hill.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here