Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton

Rgfq

Jan 7, 2015
Good Morning,

As a Norwich City season ticket holder, I wanted to give a view of Hughton that wasn't given to you by some other 'fan' that visted here a while back.

Despite what was said Hughton is a top man and a good footballing Manager, His spell with us was constructive and he bought in some very good players. He is not a 'jump up and Down' Manager but more thoughtful. Remember he took us to a higher position than Lambert managed.

Of course it wasn't as good in his last season, Some of our fans never took to him after the Lambert years, but then no one could match up to him, his time was the right man at the right time at the right club.

It is never possible to ensure success but I know one thing Hughton will not let you down. His work ethic is top class, the respect he shows the fans is top class.

A criticism of him is he is a negative manager, well he wasn't at Newcastle and Birimingham and at a club like ours, we have delusions of grandeur, we think (well some of us) we should play like Barcelona on a budget of Norwich City.

I think Brighton have a top class man and Manager and I look forward to coming to the away game shortly. Just a short note, the City 'fan' who last visited you hasn't been to a game for years, His comments are more to do with his obsession to be right than a constructive comment.

Whilst his leaving at city wasn't a good time. most managers eventually fail regardless of who they are. So you have a good manager who will not do your club wrong.

Good Luck

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Thanks for your more balanced opinion.

CH seems, from his initial interviews and quotes, to be a highly intelligent, thoughtful and passionate manager. I'm certainly looking forward to what he can do for us over the coming months, and hopefully years. I've no doubt that he'll do an excellent job for us. He may not be the flair choice that many had hoped for, but I think he is exactly the right sort of character for what the club needs right now - balance and stability.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How did you rate the transfer business that Hughton did overall?

It appears to me that when he was given money to spend (2nd season) he didn't spend it wisely.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thanks for your post.

I am really pleased to have CH at our club and he is exactly what we need at the moment. There is not guarantee with any manager but I think he has a real chance to be a success here. Every club have fans who think they should be doing better then they are. I don't think Brighton have a divine right to be in the Championship, but I do think we have the players to at least be mid table this season and I don't think Sami Hyypia was able to get the best out of them.

Is there any news on your next manager?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
What a well-constructed and informative post. Well done.

You also seem like a really good egg - why don't you come and support us instead? You'd be very welcome...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If Hughton was a top class manager he wouldn't be managing us right now! But he certainly seems a decent enough guy and every one deserves time to stamp their mark on the job in question.

Unless it goes disastrously wrong this season (under his tenure) I think the earliest we could judge him would be around October/November. :)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Thanks to the NCFC fan who posted this. I think we've got a really good manager - one who will bring some much needed stability to the club. From all that he has said so far he seems like he's a thoughtful man who knows his football and I am really pleased to have him at the Albion. Yes he's not Jose Mourinho nor Pep Guardiola but we have to keep sight of the fact that we're Brighton and not Chelsea or Barcelona and some people on NSC seem like they are struggling to come to terms with that !

Rgfq

Jan 7, 2015
His transfers in general were ok, Wolfswinkel wasn't as good but aI think he just couldn't adapt to our style of play or the speed and strength of the Prem, he is now scoring goals in the French first division but I think it is the same sort of quality as the championship.
Remember he took Harry Cane on loan for us, Id never heard of him but he got injured quite early on. I think the major benefit of Hughton on transfers is that he is very highly thought of in football and very well know, so that opens a lot of doors.
I am sure he is a very good fit for Brighton as long as he has the time to re adjust the club. As for me being a fan, well its 'local team local pride' just as it should be.

Good Morning,

As a Norwich City season ticket holder, I wanted to give a view of Hughton that wasn't given to you by some other 'fan' that visted here a while back.

Despite what was said Hughton is a top man and a good footballing Manager, His spell with us was constructive and he bought in some very good players. He is not a 'jump up and Down' Manager but more thoughtful. Remember he took us to a higher position than Lambert managed.

Of course it wasn't as good in his last season, Some of our fans never took to him after the Lambert years, but then no one could match up to him, his time was the right man at the right time at the right club.

It is never possible to ensure success but I know one thing Hughton will not let you down. His work ethic is top class, the respect he shows the fans is top class.

A criticism of him is he is a negative manager, well he wasn't at Newcastle and Birimingham and at a club like ours, we have delusions of grandeur, we think (well some of us) we should play like Barcelona on a budget of Norwich City.

I think Brighton have a top class man and Manager and I look forward to coming to the away game shortly. Just a short note, the City 'fan' who last visited you hasn't been to a game for years, His comments are more to do with his obsession to be right than a constructive comment.

Whilst his leaving at city wasn't a good time. most managers eventually fail regardless of who they are. So you have a good manager who will not do your club wrong.

Good Luck

'Fess up - you are Delia aren't you! Good post.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good Morning,

Good Luck

Thanks for your input its a very rational view, hopefully Chris will keep us up

Good luck with a new manager, after seeing your team on Boxing Day its plain to see you have the quality for the top flight. But you need the right man, another Rookie will be a risk

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
His transfers in general were ok, Wolfswinkel wasn't as good but aI think he just couldn't adapt to our style of play or the speed and strength of the Prem, he is now scoring goals in the French first division but I think it is the same sort of quality as the championship.
Remember he took Harry Cane on loan for us, Id never heard of him but he got injured quite early on. I think the major benefit of Hughton on transfers is that he is very highly thought of in football and very well know, so that opens a lot of doors.
I am sure he is a very good fit for Brighton as long as he has the time to re adjust the club. As for me being a fan, well its 'local team local pride' just as it should be.

Hi and thanks for coming on .
how does c h like to set his teams up at home, I.e does he play 2 wingers 2 up top, does he like to pass the ball etc .
thanks in advance :wink:9

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If Hughton was a top class manager he wouldn't be managing us right now! But he certainly seems a decent enough guy and every one deserves time to stamp their mark on the job in question.

Unless it goes disastrously wrong this season (under his tenure) I think the earliest we could judge him would be around October/November. :)

Out of interest where was Norwich when CH took over there and am I right in saying he has not yet relegated a club?. We are not as big as Norwich so I would say we have a fairly decent and successful manager.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for the post Rgfq. Please forgive Ernest, he's not all there.

Rgfq

Jan 7, 2015
HA HA ..Guys no need to apologise , we all have them. Hughton likes to build a team from the back, but I would not call that defensive (some do) he brought in a host of attacking players to City and played players like Snodgrass, Redmond Howson Tetty Fer Hoolihan and attacking full backs etc all in midfield with one upfront . so a sort of 4-5-1 to 4-3-3
Where some of our fans got confused a bit was that it can be construed as defensive rather than being hard to beat. Of course this is all just my opinion and I am a 'glass half full' sort of person.
I think it all comes back to want you want from your team. But one thing I am absolutely sure of is he wont take your team down. and given the time Brighton will flourish under him because he really does care.
I have had the opportunity to talk to Hughton on a few occasions and he will talk football all day long. on one occasion he spent over an hour talking to me and my son when most people would have a chat for a few minutes and move on.
So maybe I am a bit biased but you can only speak as you find.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here