Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Utd confirm they want to "SIGN" not loan O' Grady this month

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
IMO he's off.

By the sound of that interview he's had a really tough time settling down here. With the timescales I just can't see a new manager and one good game being enough for him to change his mind.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm guessing that he will move permanently back up North, but maybe not till seasons end.

Depends upon who we sign in this window whether Sheff U can sign him earlier.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
IMO he's off.

By the sound of that interview he's had a really tough time settling down here. With the timescales I just can't see a new manager and one good game being enough for him to change his mind.

I'd agree with this.

Let's hope we can get a replacement lined up in good time to allow both deals to be concluded promptly. This more than any other year, we need to nail down our transfer business and start gelling the team under CH.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
if we were all hearing this pre xmas, no-one would be bothered as he just wasnt finding his form and it clearly hadnt worked out. But strangely his been back for two games, made a difference and am now feeling a bit more sympathetic about giving him a chance....

Oh sod it, sell him off.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
IF he is to go ..replacement first ..if not...no deal..simple as that really..he might like it up North but also am sure he would prefer to play in the Championship

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
His return to form might work in our favour here. Previously, I'd imagine Sheff would be happy to go for a season loan, but now, with the possibility that he might stay, they've been forced to go for the purchase option to ensure they get him. Don't get me wrong, he proven himself to be a far better player than he looked under Hyppia, and could do a job for the rest of the season with us, but I'd prefer a clean end if it has to come, and a sale would do that.

We can then re-invest.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Some time back we tried to get a player from Norwich when Hughton was manager there. He refused on the grounds that he may be required later in the season. I would expect the same response here.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I sense that Clough is playing the media over this, much like his dad did in his day. I doubt that he will be wanting to pay anything like a £500k fee but I do have confidence in CH and the current set up at Albion much more that what we had previously.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sell him.

Sounds like they are pretty keen, so we should get our money back.

I would sell CMS too, I think his contract is up, and he'll go for nothing in the summer otherwise.

Use the money (remember it's their wages, not just the fees that will be freed up) as a replacement.

Also get Kaz to sign a new contract too, otherwise he's another who will go for nothing in the summer.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
It's a great shame for us not to get our money's worth out of COG as he has looked tasty the last 2 games but I really think his heart is returning to his roots and home area. Wish it was different tho. We must, however, recoup the full transfer dosh we paid....Shef Utd obviously want him badly, so we should stand firm on the money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like we need strikers to replace COG, Bent, and maybe CMS if he is sold to stop him walking away for free in the summer.

It looks a bit of a mess up front really.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Sheffield United are still in both cups so should be minted! Let's see how much they want him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here