Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

18 Days to Prepare BHAFC, Don't run out of Harveys!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Now its not just Harveys but pies, burgers, hot dogs etc etc.....
Every time we have had a bumper crowd we have no pies at half time, no Harveys barrels queuing ready to be attached and then we run out everywhere by full time. Kronie goes and sometimes all the beer runs out... Not to mention the incredibly slow service.
So.... in 18 days we play Arsenal.
The club has over 2 weeks to prepare, it will not just be a high gate announced but will be close or over 30k actually in the stadium. This is BHAFC's and the catering team's chance to show us that they CAN handle a large crowd. If we ever got to the Prem we would have this kind of crowd every home game. The club needs to show it can handle the crowd without these problems that have happened time after time.

So, please, Order enough Harveys, Pies, Burgers, Hot Dogs, and make sure that speed of service is PARAMOUNT! I don't want to see catering staff running about trying to get a pie for someone, take a quick look, offer what is there and go go go, serve those people. If BHAFC orders the right amount of stock then the staff will be able to serve quicker and also they need to prepare for the half time rush, not looked shocked that so many fans want beer at half time.

Sort it out, get it right, show us you ARE PREMIER LEAGUE READY for us fans! :clap:

Who's with me???

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Completely agree, obviously there are match day costs but we should really cash in. Stadium will be packed and TV money as well, will give us a nice little boost to the transfer window budget. They ran out of beer at one of the windows at the Reading game though so I'm not holding out too much hope.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Now its not just Harveys but pies, burgers, hot dogs etc etc.....
Every time we have had a bumper crowd we have no pies at half time, no Harveys barrels queuing ready to be attached and then we run out everywhere by full time. Kronie goes and sometimes all the beer runs out... Not to mention the incredibly slow service.
So.... in 18 days we play Arsenal.
The club has over 2 weeks to prepare, it will not just be a high gate announced but will be close or over 30k actually in the stadium. This is BHAFC's and the catering team's chance to show us that they CAN handle a large crowd. If we ever got to the Prem we would have this kind of crowd every home game. The club needs to show it can handle the crowd without these problems that have happened time after time.

So, please, Order enough Harveys, Pies, Burgers, Hot Dogs, and make sure that speed of service is PARAMOUNT! I don't want to see catering staff running about trying to get a pie for someone, take a quick look, offer what is there and go go go, serve those people. If BHAFC orders the right amount of stock then the staff will be able to serve quicker and also they need to prepare for the half time rush, not looked shocked that so many fans want beer at half time.

Sort it out, get it right, show us you ARE PREMIER LEAGUE READY for us fans! :clap:

Who's with me???

True to your name :cheers:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
let's hope they put in a few temporary beer stands at the back of the concourses, I think Harvey's rent these out for functions?, Have beers pre pulled ready for the half time surge.

that should help

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They run out of Guinness in the North Stand Concourse after the Reading match :moo:

Guinness is slow to pour and you cant really pre pour it, so I'd have a bit of sympathy there. But as for running out of food, Harveys and lager, there is no excuse, at least not at half time, which has happened everytime we have had over 25k in the stadium.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
That's the thing, its not just Harveys, its almost everything. I remember play off game against Derby, they ran out of ALL pies in the East Upper before kick off. How can that be? Now I don't want this thread to turn into a catering moan (although I understand that's what it is), its more of a plea. If you want to play the likes of Arsenal every week, show you can handle a full stadium without pissing people off. Lets face it, we are likely to lose (hopefully not), so a few beers after will help. But after Derby, I was down obviously, and went for a Harveys...NONE. Went to East Lower...NONE, asked for a pie.....NONE. Ended up drinking shitty Fosters and was even more peed off that I would have been. I just think they need to get it right this time!!l:amex:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Guinness is slow to pour and you cant really pre pour it, so I'd have a bit of sympathy there. But as for running out of food, Harveys and lager, there is no excuse, at least not at half time, which has happened everytime we have had over 25k in the stadium.

You have to get the glass at the proper angle and control the flow from the tap , even then you'll have to let it settle and start pouring again , takes ages to fill the glass to the top and achieve the perfect head. When you can serve a decent pint of Guinness you are a proper bar steward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here