Oscar Garcia new Barca DOF?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Apologies if fixtures....

Barcelona news conference

Football
Posted at 16:10
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu:
"I've been in close contact with Enrique and Messi in recent days. I am always close to the first team and to ensure that the conditions are adequate for them to contend for titles.
"Luis Enrique has a project that he is working on at the moment. He is restructuring the team, he has a job to do and there is no doubt he is the ideal man for this position. I just think it would be good for the team, for the club, for these elections to be called.
"No. I've not had a meeting with Oscar Garcia. I don't want to confirm or deny things. We are of course looking for a new director of sport."

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies if fixtures....

Barcelona news conference

Football
Posted at 16:10
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu:
"I've been in close contact with Enrique and Messi in recent days. I am always close to the first team and to ensure that the conditions are adequate for them to contend for titles.
"Luis Enrique has a project that he is working on at the moment. He is restructuring the team, he has a job to do and there is no doubt he is the ideal man for this position. I just think it would be good for the team, for the club, for these elections to be called.
"No. I've not had a meeting with Oscar Garcia. I don't want to confirm or deny things. We are of course looking for a new director of sport."

If this rumour is true about OG, then no disrespect to him, how can he cope with pressure cooker of the Bernabéu if he couldn't do it at Brighton & Watford?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If this rumour is true about OG, then no disrespect to him, how can he cope with pressure cooker of the Bernabéu if he couldn't do it at Brighton & Watford?

Why would he be at the Bernabéu ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He was always going to end up back at Barca, not the role I envisaged though (if it happens).

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

There is nothing about pressure at the albion and Watford. Just because he had a heart scare, it may be nothing to do with stress.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is nothing about pressure at the albion and Watford. Just because he had a heart scare, it may be nothing to do with stress.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...illy-McKinlay-steps-up-to-manage-Hornets.html

The former Barcelona midfielder had been 27 days into his new job but suffered similar pains while *managing Brighton & Hove Albion last year and, after a series of tests, was advised that he should stay out of a stressful working environment.
The medical issue was heart-related and García’s condition will continue to be assessed before *deciding whether he can at some stage resume what has thus far been a promising coaching career.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

aside from the mistake, the DoF role is very different and i would imagine far less stressful to the manager/head coach. i've always expected he'd find his way back to the Nou Camp in some form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here