Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love Nooney, but the shades of "We'll put the band back together" are threatening to become a little OTT now....

Would agree, except this band was pretty much The Beatles. Definitely worth getting it back together.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Great guy but he produced very few Championship assists and goals. Lua Lua, McCourt & Monakana can fill the flair/flatter to deceive role well enough. We need goals not dribbles.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Great guy but he produced very few Championship assists and goals. Lua Lua, McCourt & Monakana can fill the flair/flatter to deceive role well enough. We need goals not dribbles.

That's because Noone was played in a system were we he only ever had 1 person to cross the ball to in the box.. Cardiff proved that if you play to a system that suits the wingers he'll do well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Might as well say Ulloa is coming back on loan because Leicester have signed a new £10M Croatian striker :rolleyes:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I do agree. Him and E.Bennett are probably two exceptions to the rule in our case. I just hope we're not going to get a load of loans in again.

We've already got Tex, Halford, and J.Bennett. That really should be the limit

Unfortunately though at this time of the year buying rather than loaning usually results in paying over the odds or getting players that other clubs are happy to off-load.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Looked at another way though, are we really excited by the prospect of getting the guy who will be understudy to Dean Cox if he stays?

I do remember the start of his final season where plenty on here were slating the club for not having already cashed in on Noone in the summer because he wasn't up to it.

Having said that though, I think Slade has got it wrong, as Noone is the better player IMHO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looked at another way though, are we really excited by the prospect of getting the guy who will be understudy to Dean Cox if he stays?

I do remember the start of his final season where plenty on here were slating the club for not having already cashed in on Noone in the summer because he wasn't up to it.

Having said that though, I think Slade has got it wrong, as Noone is the better player IMHO.

It's just a twitter rumour. Nowhere else does it say that Slade wants Coxy.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
I think technically, Cox is a better player than No one, but there could be questions over his maturity. I'd sign Cox, and also re-sign his mate Jake Robinson, who is banging in the goals for Whitehawk at the moment. When given the chance, they played very well together.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
It's just a twitter rumour. Nowhere else does it say that Slade wants Coxy.

It was in one of the papers either on Sunday or Monday and it is common knowledge that Slade has always liked Dean Cox ,though I must admit I'd be a bit surprised if Cox ended up at Cardiff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here