Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sensible use of public money?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ben Needham disappeared whilst on holiday in Kos, Greece back in 1991. South Yorkshire Police have secured £7000k funding from the Home Office to continue the investigation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-30700887

Whilst I realise that parents can never really let go over the loss of a child, surely the Police should be able to see that this is a cold case? Whilst it will never be a closed case until an answer is uncovered, it should at least be put to one side until when or if any new evidence is uncovered?

The lad would be a grown man by now, even if still alive, it was 24 years ago for heavens sake.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
700k, rather than 7000k, but yes, I agree with your point.

Perhaps there are a few detectives in the SYP who would rather spend a few months per year 'assisting ther Greek colleagues' in Kos, than tackling crime in a cold, wet Sheffield?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Ben Needham disappeared whilst on holiday in Kos, Greece back in 1991. South Yorkshire Police have secured £7000k funding from the Home Office to continue the investigation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-30700887

Whilst I realise that parents can never really let go over the loss of a child, surely the Police should be able to see that this is a cold case? Whilst it will never be a closed case until an answer is uncovered, it should at least be put to one side until when or if any new evidence is uncovered?

The lad would be a grown man by now, even if still alive, it was 24 years ago for heavens sake.

Awkward one this...if it had been my kid, I'd be grateful for the extra input. That said at the present time I'd like all money available directed toward the NHS.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here