Nov 10, 2003
th

GORDON'S ALIVE!!!???

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
33 years later and 'that miss' still affects him.
Is he working from a script? He remembers the 80's squad, who we played in each round in fact everything about those years.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Oh thats just bloody cruel.
He was on the ' FAC 50 greatest moments ' programme recently saying that he should have fired it across Bailey into the far corner. Well its a bit late for that now, pal.
To this day it still haunts me. I know in my heart of hearts that it is the only FA Cup Final I shall ever see us play in and we had our chance.
Smith was only 7-8 yards out when he hit it. Bailey shouldn't have had a chance but Smith in his eagerness got a fraction too close to the ball and his body shape wasn't quite right.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Oh thats just bloody cruel.
He was on the ' FAC 50 greatest moments ' programme recently saying that he should have fired it across Bailey into the far corner. Well its a bit late for that now, pal.
To this day it still haunts me. I know in my heart of hearts that it is the only FA Cup Final I shall ever see us play in and we had our chance.
Smith was only 7-8 yards out when he hit it. Bailey shouldn't have had a chance but Smith in his eagerness got a fraction too close to the ball and his body shape wasn't quite right.

I suppose I should be grateful that I was old enough to be there and watch my team in a FA cup final but....

this, this and very much....this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here