Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Air Temp is -25.5C outside. Guess where I am.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
It's absolutely brass monkeys......

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Nuuk is almost tropical by comparison @ +10F. It's -14F where I am right now. Wind Chill -38C. Too cold for a ****.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Lower 48 States....

Fairbanks will be warmer tomorrow than where I am. Utterly bonkers.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
We have a winner. F'ing Minnesota.....probability of my VW rental car starting in the AM? 10%?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
We have a winner. F'ing Minnesota.....probability of my VW rental car starting in the AM? 10%?

Check for an electrical cord tucked in near the engine. Many rentals in that region have those and the engine oil will not get as cold if plugged in. You will probably need an extention cord to reach the electrical outlet. It's very common in January in that region to see many cars plugged in overnight.

My sister married a man from Bloomington, Minnesota and she plugs her car into an electrical outlet on the coldest nights.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Hmmmm, prize - I'll send you a black, frostbitten big toe tomorrow?

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Check for an electrical cord tucked in near the engine. Many rentals in that region have those and the engine oil will not get as cold if plugged in. You will probably need an extention cord to reach the electrical outlet. It's very common in January in that region to see many cars plugged in overnight.

My sister married a man from Bloomington, Minnesota and she plugs her car into an electrical outlet on the coldest nights.

Chances of me going out to find and buy an extension cord and then running it into my hotel room - 0%. It's just not a place people should live. Anywhere that requires you to plug in a car - other than a Tesla - should be fenced off and left to nature.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
When the snow piles too high on the roofs of their houses they get out a rake with a very long handle and actually rake the snow off their roofs. If they didn't the roofs have been known to cave in from all the weight of the snow.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
When the snow piles too high on the roofs of their houses they get out a rake with a very long handle and actually rake the snow off their roofs. If they didn't the roofs have been known to cave in from all the weight of the snow.

I miss good old English drizzle. A nice sea fret, a blustery late spring day. This potentially lethal weather isn't my cup of tea.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just seen report on sky news I would just pull the covers up and stay in bed. Only the panda looked happy

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Are you inside my ex wife's knickers ? God it was cold down there, if you were lucky enough to open her legs a light came on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here