Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon best

brighton fc

Jan 28, 2009
brighton
Just seen His had his loan spell with derby terminated. With his and hughtons Newcastle connection maybe we might see him down here thoughts ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was a good player not sure about now but then Derby have signed Bent. He would probably be a better hold up man than we have at the moment especially if COG goes back north.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
he's gone from club to club failing each time…….no thanks

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know it's easy to get caught up in the excitement and emotion etc, but I'd be quite happy to stick with COG as our target man. He really really impressed me at Brentford, I think he just needs to feel loved.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
If it was still 2011, then possibly.

By all accounts he was pretty terrible at Derby during his recent loan spell (booed off on his last appearance) - and as mentioned above, to fail to score a single goal given how good they are going forward doesn't exactly reflect well on him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just seen His had his loan spell with derby terminated. With his and hughtons Newcastle connection maybe we might see him down here thoughts ?

He can't shoot. Missed good chances for Newcastle at the Amex.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I know it's easy to get caught up in the excitement and emotion etc, but I'd be quite happy to stick with COG as our target man. He really really impressed me at Brentford, I think he just needs to feel loved.

Still need a back up for the hold-up role. Either someone experienced to stand in for injury or a novice to learn. At this point a novice would be too risky bearing in mind that if we are still close to the bottom in March/April we might need to resort to a Plan B

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Still need a back up for the hold-up role. Either someone experienced to stand in for injury or a novice to learn. At this point a novice would be too risky bearing in mind that if we are still close to the bottom in March/April we might need to resort to a Plan B

Could the back up 'hold up' striker be Halford?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Can't imagine he'd be terrible but at the same time probably not much of an improvement on the strikers we already have...so...yeah...not sure what the point would be really!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Average at "best" and I thought people only wanted to sign players that improved our squad.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
No thanks.

But I seriously believe COG is out of his depth above League 1, and we need to sign somebody else. Will Mr Zamora do, now that 'Arry has signed that bloke from West Ham ? Wouldn't necessarily score many, but would hold the ball up well for any of the legion of midget strikers we have.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here