Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Pardew branded 'arrogant' by Dover chief after FA Cup tie

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I thought this at the time when he made the comment on TV.

I've been to the Crabble on a number of occasions over the years, and know exactly the hill you have to walk up when they park the coaches. He described it as a '4mile' trek, that in reality is a not that different from the distance from the Falmer railway bridge to the club shop - just a bit steeper.

Very disrespectful to a club with a proud tradition that has played there for over 80 years. He is a **** for moaning about such an irrelevant point, especially after such an emphatic win.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I quite enjoyed the footage on the bbc highlights of the little Dover lad giving Gale the middle finger treatment, after he cupped his ear to their fans like he had just scored against Barca instead of Dover. Seems arrogance is not just for their manager.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Good set up at Dover been 3 times ,typical Pardew not liked him since the day he berated Reading players of lacking loyalty when they left for better clubs.As soon as West Ham came in for Pardew he was offski.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
'Breaking News - Arrogant tosser is arrogant tosser, again!'

Ignoring that he's at Palace, so as not to make it appear that it's clouding my judgement, he's an obnoxious human being who is seemingly oblivious to his many faults yet walks around as if he's the best thing going.

He's essentially Brian Clough without the talent, wit, class and success.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It seems a bit of a non-story, to be honest. Not really sure what the Dover chairman is trying to achieve with this one. I heard the interview with Pardew after the game, and he mentioned the walk from the coach in fairly tongue-in-cheek fashion.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
“I don’t know what Pardew was doing for 20 minutes – you can crawl up there on all fours in a couple of minutes.”

:lolol: So many questions

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It seems a bit of a non-story, to be honest. Not really sure what the Dover chairman is trying to achieve with this one. I heard the interview with Pardew after the game, and he mentioned the walk from the coach in fairly tongue-in-cheek fashion.

Dover travelled to Havant & Waterlooville last season, Havant had their ground checked during the day by an independent referee who said it was fine, but a bit of a downpour and the official referee on the night felt it necessary to call it off an hour before KO. Parmenter went ballistic, in the local press calling Havant a tinpot club, and generally behaviour like…..like…..well, like Pardew! He has a bit of a history of histrionics does Jim.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What is Pardew complaining about, didn't Don Revie make the Leeds players get off the bus and walk the last bit to the ground all the time?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Dover travelled to Havant & Waterlooville last season, Havant had their ground checked during the day by an independent referee who said it was fine, but a bit of a downpour and the official referee on the night felt it necessary to call it off an hour before KO. Parmenter went ballistic, in the local press calling Havant a tinpot club, and generally behaviour like…..like…..well, like Pardew! He has a bit of a history of histrionics does Jim.

He does come across as a bit bitter in the interview!

Like I say, can't really see what his motivations are.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've been to Crabble a few times, and yes there is a hill, but goodness me Alan, why mention it? Does he not realise it makes him sound like a total c.ock?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone once said of Glenn Hoddle that "if he was an ice cream, he would lick himself". Pardew strikes me as being very much in that mould.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
n 1988, so the story goes*, the Nottingham Forest team coach slowed to walking pace amidst the Millwall fans meandering along the Old Kent Road towards the Old Den. Brian Clough asked his skipper, Stuart Pearce, to get the team off the coach and walk through the opposition fans to the Millwall ground. Having faced the very real and physical demons off the pitch, the verbal brickbats on the pitch would be a comparative cake-walk. A psychological stroke of inspiration that almost paid off: Forest went 2-0 up, only to draw after late goals got the newly-promoted, and high-flying, Millwall team a point.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
The fact he climbed said hill probably 3 or 4 hours before this interview and still brings it up makes me think he had been mulling it over for the whole match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here