Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is this???

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
only 2 trains an hour from brighton to hassocks, why have they suddenly decided to cut preston park and hassocks out of Bedford trains FFS! :angry: I had to wait for 45 mins to get home yesterday GRRRRRRR!!!!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Why not get to the station 44 min later and then only have a 1 min wait?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
only 2 trains an hour from brighton to hassocks, why have they suddenly decided to cut preston park and hassocks out of Bedford trains FFS! :angry: I had to wait for 45 mins to get home yesterday GRRRRRRR!!!!

The train operator will have looked at improving reliability and cutting these two stations out does that , welcome to the world of Govia.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The FFC trains have been disrupted by the work at London Bridge - is that a contributory factor?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The FFC trains have been disrupted by the work at London Bridge - is that a contributory factor?

This is clearly the reason, all the Thameslink trains through London now DON'T stop at London Bridge and instead take the ridiculously slow route through Elephant and Castle.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Train services in this country are hugely over-priced, often over-crowded and highly unreliable; they should be privatised to ensure lower fares and better services for the customers.

Oh, hold on...........................

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
New timetable, similar to those using Portslade who are now seen as 3rd class travelers. Previously both the xx17 and xx47 from Victoria stopped at Portslade.

However due to the fact that travellers further down the line towards Littlehampton wanted quicker traveling times, it was decided to only allow one train an hour from Victoria stop at Portslade.

So despite the fact that travel times from Portslade to London are already slower than they were when the rail network was under the control of British rail, travelers from Portslade are not seen worthy of meriting faster trains, but those from Worthing, Littlehampton are.

The connection at Hove wont be a guaranteed one, so if running late, tough. Still all this is worth the extra in fares now being charged.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
New timetable, similar to those using Portslade who are now seen as 3rd class travelers. Previously both the xx17 and xx47 from Victoria stopped at Portslade.

However due to the fact that travellers further down the line towards Littlehampton wanted quicker traveling times, it was decided to only allow one train an hour from Victoria stop at Portslade.

So despite the fact that travel times from Portslade to London are already slower than they were when the rail network was under the control of British rail, travelers from Portslade are not seen worthy of meriting faster trains, but those from Worthing, Littlehampton are.

The connection at Hove wont be a guaranteed one, so if running late, tough. Still all this is worth the extra in fares now being charged.

There are far too many stations along that line, Portslade makes sense but Aldrington and Fishersgate are completely pointless and why does the Worthing area need FIVE stations?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
What do people expect?
Rail privatisation was bought upon us by the same wonderful people sold off local authority housing,happy ****ing days.

Furthermore, many railways companies, like other privatised industries and utilities, are now foreign-owned; so we're paying exorbitant fares to subsidise cheap rail travel for the French and the Germans.

Never hear our self-appointed defenders of British interests and the British people complain about this, though (would UKIP bring the railways back under British control?)!

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
I have no doubt that what is being stated is legitimate, however raising the issue on NSC will not, I suspect, achieve much.

If you haven't already, try googling 'train ombudsman' and you will gets results such as

http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/help/rail-complaints

I'm not guaranteeing you will have anymore success using these, however they must provide a better chance.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have no doubt that what is being stated is legitimate, however raising the issue on NSC will not, I suspect, achieve much.

If you haven't already, try googling 'train ombudsman' and you will gets results such as

http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/help/rail-complaints

I'm not guaranteeing you will have anymore success using these, however they must provide a better chance.

Thanks for the detail wasn't aware of this service before.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There are far too many stations along that line, Portslade makes sense but Aldrington and Fishersgate are completely pointless and why does the Worthing area need FIVE stations?

Oi! Leave Fishersgate alone!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

But mainline trains don't stop at every station along the coast. Not all stop at Durrington, few stop at East Worthing. I'm assuming your including Goring as Worthing as well?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Never hear our self-appointed defenders of British interests and the British people complain about this, though (would UKIP bring the railways back under British control?)!

To my knowledge there's only one party offering renationalisation of the railways, the Greens. I'll stand corrected though...........

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
But mainline trains don't stop at every station along the coast. Not all stop at Durrington, few stop at East Worthing. I'm assuming your including Goring as Worthing as well?

I wasn't necessarily talking about mainline services, just that there seem to be too many stations in general. I used to date a girl who lived in Chichester and getting one of the late trains back to Brighton used to take an AGE, there was even one which went into Littlehampton and waited for 10 minutes before continuing on to Brighton. A journey of 35 miles really shouldn't take over an hour!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here