Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Charlton

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Forgive me, I rarely attend away games but I'm thinking about going to CAFC on Saturday. What's the best route/pub etc and is there anywhere I should avoid? Also, anyone on here who knows me and is going up to the Valley, it would be nice to have some mates to have a drink with before and after.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Forgive me, I rarely attend away games but I'm thinking about going to CAFC on Saturday. What's the best route/pub etc and is there anywhere I should avoid? Also, anyone on here who knows me and is going up to the Valley, it would be nice to have some mates to have a drink with before and after.

You need to travel via Victoria or Blackfriars, National Rail website will sort out your route for you.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
So with London Bridge basically out of action - where are people drinking Victoria or Charlton

Never used Charlton pubs before so any recommended??

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So with London Bridge basically out of action - where are people drinking Victoria or Charlton

If you go one stop North on the Victoria underground line to Green Park you can then get a tube to LB on the Jubilee line. Nip off and then continue back on to North Greenwhich I think it is . Big of a walk from there but buses galore I,m told.

Sounding like a game of Mornington Crescant this.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Just got two tickets so there are still some left. Trains to Charlton every half hour from Victoria so shouldn't be too much of a transport nightmare.

Jan 30, 2008
Will people be getting lairy and above their station in the away end again:rolleyes: ,used to be a half decent awayday now just seems like a lot of happy clappy london day trippers ,and all the crap at the station with noddys shouting at each other from across the platforms:shrug:
regards
DR

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Will people be getting lairy and above their station in the away end again:rolleyes: ,used to be a half decent awayday now just seems like a lot of happy clappy london day trippers ,and all the crap at the station with noddys shouting at each other from across the platforms:shrug:
regards
DR

Really? You're starting to put me off now.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We are meeting up at Victoria as we are travelling up from various parts of Sussex. Few beers around Victoria then heading towards the ground. Unless I am mistaken you can get a train direct from Victoria to Charlton at 5 and 35 past the hour.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
regards
DR

There's going to be loads of fat and ginger fans 'steaming it' and calling people MUGS. :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Drinking in Blackheath

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm going! First away game in seven and a half years. Will be my son's first away game so not too much of the normal catering. Irony being that we decided it would be a good , short trip for the boys and the railways have ensured it will be anything but short!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here