Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-l229-2184850_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 6th January 2015
by Paul Camillin
You could almost sense that one with the balls that were left in there, once our number had come out as the home tie."
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton said he sensed the club would be paired with Arsenal, the longer the draw went on.The former Spurs man will lead Albion against the Gunners on the weekend of the 24/25th January, with exact details of the tie - including ticket information - expected to be confirmed in the next few days.
Hughton said, "You could almost sense that one with the balls that were left in there, once our number had come out as the home tie.
"I was asked who I would like. I said a home game against a team outside of our league with a strong possibility of getting a result or a big tie that would be a great for the club, with a full stadium, and the latter came out.
"The first thought was one of excitement. I am not thinking about how difficult it is going to be to beat them, but about the day itself. The FA Cup day is a special day and mostly a special one for the supporters. There won't be too many of our supporters unhappy with that draw.
"I was reminded that a couple of seasons ago we had a very close cup tie against Arsenal at the Amex. If the game can be anything as exciting as that one, then it could be a very good day."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Meanwhile Hughton has warned Albion fans to be patient during the January window, and says that he expects the bulk of any transfer business to take place towards the end of the month.He added, "You'll see that a lot of the business is done in the last week, because everyone is looking for the best deal they can get and players want to wait a little bit longer to see if they get better options.
"We will be able to bring players in, but what you would like to do and what you are able to do are sometimes different things."
The FA are expected to confirm which ties have been selected for live TV coverage in the coming days.
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here