Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The crazy gang have beaten the culture club...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If I hear this once more....................... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone HATED Wimbledon anyway, a team of thugs playing horrible football.

It wasn't even a giant-killing. They finished 7th in the league that season.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hopefully Liverpool will beat them 4 - 0 and stop this claptrap

Don't get me wrong I want AFC Wimbledon to win tonight, it's just all the nonsense they come out with about that Cup Final (the only time I've wanted the underdogs to lose - except when Palace got there)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just watching on MOTD why does Gary Lineker have to look so scruffy I would have thought he could wear a tie and try to look presentable.
He is going for the David Ginola look

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Just watching on MOTD why does Gary Lineker have to look so scruffy I would have thought he could wear a tie and try to look presentable.
Genuine question and not meant to sound glib; why does it matter? Sure, he looks a bit less than pristine but he's hardly hobo-esque.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The ever-excellent Who Dares Wins did a good sketch in the 80s about Rory McGrath playing Subbuteo. "Some of your players have got broken legs". "Yes, they played Wimbledon last week".

Never a big fan of Wimbledon then or now, tbh. Although I did like the fact that you had to walk through a small, highly incongruous NIGHTCLUB in the bowels of the main stand at Plough Lane to get to your seats.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What's that got to do with "everyone hated Wmbledon"? ???

Thought you were saying they didn't finish 7th. I was distracted -there was some cup draw going on....

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I didnt hate them in 1988 - I loved it... bloody Liverpool - Ive only once ever wanted Liverpool to win a final, any final, and that was in 1996 when they were playing bloody Man Utd (white suits, crap kit and all). The 1988 Final is one of my favourite Cup Finals of the 80s....

And who cares if its not "technically" the same club ... its the same fans, following a team with the same colours, same badge......to all intents and purposes its the same club. None of the old fans follow MK Franchise, who wear different colours and play in a totally different part of the country...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here