Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colleague has B.O. - what can be said

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's no excuse for poor hygiene.It's one of my pet hates. Leave a polite note on his desk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That's weird i went to add the word "one" in my post above and it shows it when i edit post. But when i press ok it's not there?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There's no excuse for poor hygiene.It's one of my pet hates. Leave a polite note on his desk

Agree with this, except for the note.

I think this is a human resources issue and a note should be issued to every employee reminding them of personal hygiene issues. That way the guy is not being singled out.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Tell the soap dodger to have a wash......simple

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
A polite, quiet word in confidence is all you have to do. Tell them about their odour, speaking from experience and dealing with exactly this issue with a previous member of staff they honestly did not realise they had a problem until it was pointed out to them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I seem to remember when this came up on here a few years ago the general consensus was to don a face ask and spray deoderent around every time they entered the room.

Hope that helps although may want to consider the HR route first. :lolol:

In all seriousness I once had a colleague who had lymph node cancer and used Anais-Anais perfume to mask (unsuccessfully) the smell from blocked sweat glands. I never found a way to raise it and have never been able to smell that scent again without wanting to throw up.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Polite good, note bad. A message like that needs to be delivered sensitively face-to-face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here