Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pay What You Can initiative

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Other clubs have trialled this, including Brentford who look like they're doing it again.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-pwyc-ticket-information-10.01.15-2074946.aspx

Is there a place for this at the Amex, and could it be done effectively and without upsetting lots of people?

Own initial thoughts is that it is a good idea, maybe once a season to start with for unsold matchday tickets along similar lines to Brentford (ie minimum £5/£10, anything over a tenner 50 per cent goes to Sport relief).

That would keep regenerating the support, always important whatever your gates.

There are some clear differences between us and Brentford, but if the most difficult aspect is negotiating what others have paid (either for STs or more likely day prices), then maybe that tells you something about the current level of those day prices.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I agree with both Tooting and maltaseagull. Great idea for a COC cup game or a low key FACup tie which wouldn't piss off too many season ticket holders (1901 potentially apart) and might generate some goodwill. Wouldn't try it for a league game as with transport costs and the high level of STH's it would be suicide :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Other clubs have trialled this, including Brentford who look like they're doing it again.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-pwyc-ticket-information-10.01.15-2074946.aspx

Is there a place for this at the Amex, and could it be done effectively and without upsetting lots of people?

Own initial thoughts is that it is a good idea, maybe once a season to start with for unsold matchday tickets along similar lines to Brentford (ie minimum £5/£10, anything over a tenner 50 per cent goes to Sport relief).

That would keep regenerating the support, always important whatever your gates.

There are some clear differences between us and Brentford, but if the most difficult aspect is negotiating what others have paid (either for STs or more likely day prices), then maybe that tells you something about the current level of those day prices.

Personally I would support it at any game/every game. But, if Paul Barber impliments this for a single league game I will be shocked. In fact I'd kiss his arse if he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here