Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to Bolton Away 28/2

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Been looking at trains to Bolton next month and there is a bus services for the final leg to/from Horwich Parkway.

Not been to this ground before so is this going to be a nightmare after the game ???

Advance Tickets seem pretty expensive as well from my initial investigations.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Probably, always used the train before which is fine, but with any replacement bus service always have doubts. I very much suspect that buses wont be waiting at Horwich Parkway, but a bus will turn up roughly when the usual timed train is due to arrive, so lots will be left waiting for the next bus and the next one....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably, always used the train before which is fine, but with any replacement bus service always have doubts. I very much suspect that buses wont be waiting at Horwich Parkway, but a bus will turn up roughly when the usual timed train is due to arrive, so lots will be left waiting for the next bus and the next one....

With big risks of missing connections no doubt on the way home which have issue with advance tickets

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Been looking at trains to Bolton next month and there is a bus services for the final leg to/from Horwich Parkway.

Not been to this ground before so is this going to be a nightmare after the game ???

Advance Tickets seem pretty expensive as well from my initial investigations.

I don't know the exact situation as to why a bus would be needed, but there are two ways to get there by train. Either via Manchester Piccadilly, or take another train to Preston and change. The ground is right by Horwich Parkway, rather like Falmer and the Amex. Horwich is on the Preston to Manchester line.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't know the exact situation as to why a bus would be needed, but there are two ways to get there by train. Either via Manchester Piccadilly, or take another train to Preston and change. The ground is right by Horwich Parkway, rather like Falmer and the Amex. Horwich is on the Preston to Manchester line.

There is a rail replacement bus service from Preston to Horwich Parkway and from Bolton to Horwich Parkway, I didn't mean from the station to the ground.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
From my 7/8 visits to Bolton, I believe the best way is book the cheap trains (0700-0800am'ish) from Euston to Wigan. Drink in Wigan for the day (much better pubs anyway), then get a cab across (5/6 miles journey). It's about £9/10 from Wigan North Western Station to Reebok Stadium, and takes about 10/15 minutes. After the game they make you wait about 20/30 minutes for a train back to either Preston or Manchester if you're going from Horwich Parkway. Grim.

That's never failed me, and I've always found trains to Wigan seem to come out cheaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here