Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham target Dunk as Reid replacement

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If he goes the money and it should be a big wedge, has to be put back in the first team.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Whatever they offer it's not enough.

Hate the thought of selling off local lads, especially one as talented as Dunk who still has room to get even better. In a dream world he would captain us to the Premier League, get an England cap and we'd then sell him to one of the real big boys.

Keep him for another 18 months, if we haven't got promoted then let him go.

onepostwonder

Nov 8, 2014
if we sold for £4m we would be mugs. he is still very young and surely one of the top 10 english centre-backs about.

£6m no less.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£4m. Drop Halford alongside Greer and buy Wood and an experienced mid.

Dunk out, Bassong in?

Whatever we sell for, I hope we get a big sell on clause.

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't expect to sell him for a massive sum of cash AND a big sell on clause.

Dunk is young, English, on long contract, and a ball playing centre back.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If he doesn't get his move I hope it doesn't unsettle him and he then goes into a sulk like Bridcutt and Buckley.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
£5M would be a fair fee. We know that Tony strikes a hard bargain (LU in the summer). He is our most valuable player.

I agree that he should stay with us longer though.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
if he doesn't get his move I hope it doesn't unsettle him and he then goes into a sulk like Bridcutt and Buckley.

I know Lewis is a local lad but even so I fear he will kick off about it. I wouldnt blame him if he does, if we were top club 6 fighting for promotion then I'd be a little more pissed off but if a prem club comes in for you and offers you BIG wages when you're fighting relegation to league 1, I know what I would do.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
The fact it's a London team is a concern. Lewis has a young baby and comes from a strong family-orientated background, I doubt at this stage of his life he would want to up sticks - with West Ham he probably wouldn't need to.

£5m, 15% sell on and Jarvis on loan

West ham signed a cb today too.

Wasn't it you who said he's League One standard without Greer ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This is how a club like ours will make its money now, develop players, get some good first team football out of them, then sell them on for a big wedge.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The fact it's a London team is a concern. Lewis has a young baby and comes from a strong family-orientated background, I doubt at this stage of his life he would want to up sticks, with West Ham he probably wouldn't need to.

Wasn't it you who said he's League One without Greer ???

Yeah. He is? But teams willing to pay this money for someone who looks the part but is being covered by a very experienced cb.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
£6m plus add ons.

Spend £1mil on Bassong to replace him and then that's £5m to reinvest elsewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here