Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dream/Nightmare Brighton teams

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
My partner and I are having a discussion on our dream/nightmare teams since our watching the Albion.

She has been a season ticket holder for around 15 years - all of the Withdean years - and some of the dream names are Zamora, Ulloa, Kuipers, Murray etc.

I on the other hand am a self confessed JCL, and have been attending since the birth of the AMEX. Here are my dream and nightmare teams.

Dream:

PIG
Calderon, El-Abd, Upson, Bridge
Bridcutt, Vicente
Buckley, KLL, Noone
Ulloa

Nightmare: I couldn't think of too many really bad players

David Gonzalez
Vincelot, Painter
Harley, Kemy
Paynter, Obika

Maybe you guys can help with both a dream/nightmare for The AMEX, and Withdean years.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Vincelot and Painter in your nightmare team?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
My partner and I are having a discussion on our dream/nightmare teams since our watching the Albion.

She has been a season ticket holder for around 15 years - all of the Withdean years - and some of the dream names are Zamora, Ulloa, Kuipers, Murray etc.

I on the other hand am a self confessed JCL, and have been attending since the birth of the AMEX. Here are my dream and nightmare teams.

Dream:

PIG
Bridcutt, Vicente
Buckley, KLL, Noone
Ulloa

David Gonzalez
Vincelot, Painter
Harley, Kemy
Paynter, Obika

Maybe you guys can help with both a dream/nightmare for The AMEX, and Withdean years.

Would not have buckley in dream team, painter was a good player at league one level.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
As I said, I've only been attending since AMEX. Therefore, my dream/nightmare teams are based on those players. Painter is by far the worst left back I've seen play for us, Vincelot wasn't great. It's a good reflection on how solid our defence has been over the AMEX years.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think since we have moved to the AMEX defensively we have been very strong, so hard to pick out any real weak links.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Dream:

PIG
Bridcutt, Vicente
Buckley, KLL, Noone
Ulloa

David Gonzalez
Vincelot, Painter
Harley, Kemy
Paynter, Obika

why on earth have you got Painter and Vincelot in there. Both great players, the former was an unsung hero in our L1 championship team????

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
:facepalm: ffs, can no one read.

HE'S ONLY BEEN GOING SINCE THE AMEX OPENED, so banging on about how good Painter was in L1 is pointless.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I started supporting the Albion yesterday, and my nightmare team is Stockdale, Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Chicksen, Baldock, Ince, Holla, March, Teixeira and Mackail-Smith.

On reflection, it may not be fair to come up with a nightmare team from such a short time-frame.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
My AMEX dream team...

--------------- PIG ---------------
---------- AEA ---- Upson -------
Bruno -------------------- Bridge
------------- Bridcutt ------------
----- Orlandi ------- Vicente ----
Buckley --------------------- Kaz
-------------- Ulloa --------------

My nightmare team....

--------------- Gonzalez ---------------
----------------- Greer* -------------------
Hara ----------------------------- Tarrico
---------------- Gardner -----------------
--------- Kemy -------- Harley ---------
Sparrow ------------------------- Assulin
----------- Obika ----- Paynter ----------

*if in bad form.

I genuinely can't remember any really bad centre backs ???

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
While I obviously love AEA, he's not as good a centre back and Greer.

I guess it's cheating to put someone like Calderon or Vincelot in centre back (as they've covered there).

I was considering putting AEA in both teams as he was, at times, a liability but I just couldn't do it. So Greer it is as he has a fair few mares over the years.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Dream

Grumett
Bruno
Foster
Lawrenson
Bridge
Horton
Vincente
Ince
Buckley