Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon Kindle help.....

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
My daughter has just downloaded a Scrabble game which was £1.29. I have just been emailed an invoice for 129 amazon coins? never had that before. can I assume I have not been charged £129?

what is an Amazon coin?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
What are Amazon Coins?
Amazon Coins are a new virtual currency that can be used to purchase apps, games and in-app items. One hundred coins are worth £1. Amazon Coins can be spent using your Kindle Fire, Android phone, tablet or on Amazon.co.uk in the Appstore.
Once you claim a gift, coins are immediately deposited into your account
Each coin is worth £0.01 towards eligible purchases in the Amazon Appstore
Purchased coins, including gifts, never expire, and there are no fees

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What are Amazon Coins?
Amazon Coins are a new virtual currency that can be used to purchase apps, games and in-app items. One hundred coins are worth £1. Amazon Coins can be spent using your Kindle Fire, Android phone, tablet or on Amazon.co.uk in the Appstore.
Once you claim a gift, coins are immediately deposited into your account
Each coin is worth £0.01 towards eligible purchases in the Amazon Appstore
Purchased coins, including gifts, never expire, and there are no fees

thanks for confirming. NSC at its best. You need an answer ....you start a thread!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Anybody got the Kindle paperwhite wife wants to buy one but is it touch screen? She has an original one non touch screen.

Yes, its is touch screen, there are no buttons other than the power button. Personally I preferred the buttons to turn the page, but I guess I'll get used to the touch screen soon enough.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Yes, its is touch screen, there are no buttons other than the power button. Personally I preferred the buttons to turn the page, but I guess I'll get used to the touch screen soon enough.

The newest one where you blink and the next page appears is quite interesting.

I got a speck in my eye and had turned 30 pages before I realized it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anybody got the Kindle paperwhite wife wants to buy one but is it touch screen? She has an original one non touch screen.

Had one for a while and it's definitely better than the first one if you read in the dark as, obviously, you don't need the extra external light. More comfortable size too, I think (assuming she has one with the little keyboard built on to it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here