Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Brentford, the 4 pubs.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Brilliant away day at Brentford yesterday, very good Albion support and a proper old football ground.

Myself and the other six I was with managed to have a drink in all four pubs surrounding Brentford's ground.
All good pubs with very quick service, the London Pride was pretty good too.

Did anyone else visit all four pubs?

Which pub did you think was the best?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Magpie and Crown on the High Street and drank Jarrow Ale, we marched for that !

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
A crawl down from South Ealing, then the New Inn, then reversed it on the way back.

****ing great day out.

theboybilly

It was odd that the Royal Oak was designated a 'home only' pub after the match. At the league game in September I drank in there before the game. It was alright, nothing special. Yesterday I turned up right on kick off so no pre-match beer but afterwards was refused entry to the Royal Oak. I was directed to the New Inn and was so pleased to have gone there instead. A few lovely Twickenham 'Winter Cheers' and some fine banter with Brentford fans. Obviously the Albion fans in there were in a happy mood too. Getting served was easy so that's where I'll be next season should we play there. I will miss Griffin Park when it goes, it's a great day out.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Stayed in The Griffin- pleased to report that they had the BBQ operating despite the rain and time of year. Good choice of Fullers beers. I often wonder what kind of busines these football pubs do on a non match day.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Yep, did all four, started at The Griffin and went round anti clockwise, can't remember the name of the second one but the Albion coach started reversing up the road while we were in it, bonus!
Top day out, well done to all for creating a cracking atmosphere!

Sea Sea Seaside Air

Dec 31, 2014
GOSBTS
Was at the Royal Oak before the game and couldn't believe how friendly a place and atmosphere was inside. About a 60 home to 40 away ratio in there and both fans were having a drink and conversing together. Strange really nowadays. The only downside was drinking a guiness out a plastic glass!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Was at the Royal Oak before the game and couldn't believe how friendly a place and atmosphere was inside. About a 60 home to 40 away ratio in there and both fans were having a drink and conversing together. Strange really nowadays. The only downside was drinking a guiness out a plastic glass!
It can still be done. With nobody getting killed. Some people mistakenly believe The Swan is home fans only, but that only applies nowadays to Leeds and Millwall games. Martin, the Swan's landlord, appreciates that most fans are pretty decent, and that the buzz from having a mix of fans thronging the bars only heightens the whole matchday ritual.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep, did all four, started at The Griffin and went round anti clockwise, can't remember the name of the second one but the Albion coach started reversing up the road while we were in it, bonus!
Top day out, well done to all for creating a cracking atmosphere!

We started at The Griffin just after 1pm, it was very packed so we drank outside.
Also went round anti clockwise, the second pub was The Princess Royal, not as packed as The Griffin but still drank outside.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn't The Griffin the pub they used in Green Street ? Sure I heard that somewhere.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
We started at The Griffin just after 1pm, it was very packed so we drank outside.
Also went round anti clockwise, the second pub was The Princess Royal, not as packed as The Griffin but still drank outside.

Our 8 were just inside the Griffin side door - couldn't move :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here