Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON: O'GRADY TOOK HIS CHANCE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-l229-2180624_478x359.jpg

Hughton at Griffin Park during the FA Cup tie with Brentford
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

Chris Hughton says he was impressed with the way Chris O'Grady took his chance to show him what he could do, when he came on to help inspire Brighton & Hove Albion to victory over Brentford in the FA Cup. The striker came off the bench on 67 minutes and went close twice - seeing one effort well saved, and another hit the post - before sealing the win in stoppage time with a well-taken goal that capped off a tremendous individual display.Hughton was suitably impressed with the forward telling seagulls.co.uk, "If you look at his input during the two games he's been involved in then it shows he's made a big impact.
"It's all about opportunity, that's all players want, and of course what he has done is had is an opportunity today and of course against Fulham.
"He is a player who's been away on loan and my first priority after being here three days is to have a look at him. The same thing applies to everybody.
"It's a really good opportunity and he starts with a clean slate. He's made an impact in the last two games. I’ll assess the situation with Chris and all the squad in the next period of time."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton now faces a busy month, in which he will begin evaluating his squad and also work on potential new signings to strengthen during the January transfer window.He added, "My assessment is probably what I knew before I came here.* We've lost a lot of the loan players, so we certainly need to add to the squad. We need to make sure we complement what we have.
"I know what is here and I have a good idea of the quality that is here already, certainly at the back we've got a lot of experience, but we're quite young in midfield.*
"Of course Darren Bent was here and went back, so it gives me an opportunity to assess the squad, but we're certainly looking at the opportunity to try and strengthen.
"We need a bit more experience and that is more to help the young lads. The feeling I had when I first got here is there is some talent and that there is some ability in that area, which is great for the club, but sometimes they need some experience to help them progress."
Meanwhile the Albion manager says he would like a Premier League club at home in the next round of the FA Cup after the victory over the Bees.
"At this stage you’re always mindful of your responsibility to the club. So what you want first and foremost is a home draw; what you would like is to get a big home tie.
"That's normal for any side outside the Premier League, you want to pull in the Premier League teams and make it a really good cup tie for the club and the fans."
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here