Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Consolidation

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone else have a feeling tony is trying to consolidate this season before a massive push next year?
If it weren't for FFP, those would be viable options. But there can't be a massive push, we can just go to the limit of FFP, which I expect us to do. Having said that, the limits have been increased haven't they? So maybe we won't reach them this year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If it weren't for FFP, those would be viable options. But there can't be a massive push, we can just go to the limit of FFP, which I expect us to do. Having said that, the limits have been increased haven't they? So maybe we won't reach them this year.

I think FFP will be virtually scrapped at the next Lge AGM.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who knows how TB's mind works? Still confused as to why he wanted Hyypia to stay tbh.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

The FFP limit for this season hasn't changed; it's still £6m. It's next season that it increases to £39m over 3 seasons. I've heard nothing from the club to suggest that the strategy of meeting FFP has changed. :thumbsup:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...r-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The FFP limit for this season hasn't changed; it's still £6m. It's next season that it increases to £39m over 3 seasons. I've heard nothing from the club to suggest that the strategy of meeting FFP has changed.
There's certainly nothing to suggest we'll spend more than the limit, but the club has never said it would spend up to the limit each year.

£39m over 3 seasons sounds designed to help clubs cock it up. They'll lose £39m in year one, hoping to be promoted straight off, and then be buggered the following year if they're not. But they'll then argue that their plan is to make the profits in the third year, to justify further losses in the second year.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There's certainly nothing to suggest we'll spend more than the limit, but the club has never said it would spend up to the limit each year.

£39m over 3 seasons sounds designed to help clubs cock it up. They'll lose £39m in year one, hoping to be promoted straight off, and then be buggered the following year if they're not. But they'll then argue that their plan is to make the profits in the third year, to justify further losses in the second year.

Exactly!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think FFP will be virtually scrapped at the next Lge AGM.

Agreed. And as there seem to be so many ways for Forest and Leeds etc. to get around the transfer embagos, who cares about the sanctions now?

Also, we can just front load the squad with players, so we need not worry about any transfer restrictions.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Careful now, I can edit my signature too you know.

Ah, but of the two of us, only I can edit your signature and prevent you from making further edits*.

*Maybe. I dunno really. But you should believe that I can. *Nods*

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's an operation to salvage our place in the Championship. Shame it took Hyypia to force TB's hand (he wouldn't have flown back to Oz if that wasn't the case) instead of him taking more proactive action to stop the rot. Oh well, we got there in the end. Onwards and upwards.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah, but of the two of us, only I can edit your signature and prevent you from making further edits
That may be seen as an abuse of your powers, not sure it's worth it.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights

Agree totally with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here