Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Greer celebration.png

Seeing him wheel away after Dunk's goal and go completely potty with delight in front of the fans was an absolutely joyous moment today. A real fighter and a proper leader who I was thrilled to see back in the side and doing well today. Keep it up GG :bowdown:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Maybe controversial but Halford & Dunk are my favored centre back pairing. Good to see GG back though...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Yep. It's great to see our captain so passionate and I'm sure it lifts the players around him too.

It's that sort of passion and determination he emanates that'll really help our rise up the table.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have missed him badly. We do not have enough leaders on the pitch most clubs have 2 or 3 experienced heads who will keep the younger ones on their toes unfortunately we dont.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
View attachment 61482

Seeing him wheel away after Dunk's goal and go completely potty with delight in front of the fans was an absolutely joyous moment today. A real fighter and a proper leader who I was thrilled to see back in the side and doing well today. Keep it up GG :bowdown:

Great picture that. Shame about those ridiculously stupid stick on sponsor logos. They really are shoddy

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Disagree they do what advertising is meant to do draw your attention to it for whatever reason.

Yes, they draw my attention to the fact that American Express is the sort of bank that gets involved with shoddy peel-off labels. Can't imagine they're very happy.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Thought he was very poor in the first half. Couldn't find a blue shirt with any of his passes.

Whilst I would agree his passing was wayward, he shouldn't be in the side to spray 40 yard balls to feet. His defensive work was impeccable.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He seemed to be laying into Calde a lot today...
Great to see his passion and love for this club once again

I noticed this too, particularly in the second half. Calde was affording their winger a lot of space out on the right but in defence of his defence March wasn't keeping tight to his man as often as he should have been. However no successful team is complete without someone out on the field keeping the players on their toes and Greer is exceptional at that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Shocked at some comments as GG would be the first name on the team sheet for me!

All day, and that's despite Halford impressing me hugely. Over the past 3 seasons combined our defensive record has been impeccable, Greer has been the main CB during that time, he has some faults we all know that, but you cannot fault his passion as a captain, defensive leadership and general defensive ability. I hope he retires here and takes his place on the legends wall.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We have missed him badly. We do not have enough leaders on the pitch most clubs have 2 or 3 experienced heads who will keep the younger ones on their toes unfortunately we dont.

Braveheart! The leader we need.

Both of these. Despite the lift we remain short of leaders, we need one in midfield and a proper presence up front, though hopefully COG may go some way to helping in that area.

Halford has played well, but both he and Dunk are very quiet.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What was it Swindon fans told us when Greer signed? Not worth the £250K? Well, four and a half seasons later he's still doing great! Very impressed with him yesterday after he'd been out for a while. Although he may have made a couple of poor passes early on, his defending was superb all game!

Thought Halford was unlucky to be dropped from the starting eleven but Greer proved it the right decision. Also, Halford coming on further forward (along with O'Grady) changed the game! We have real competition at centre half now with these three and Hughes available too!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Thought he was very strong yesterday. We had our backs to the wall and he was instrumental in keeping things together. Distribution may not be great but it was wave after wave for a while and needs must

And Halford was excellent at Fulham so we have some options now

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here