Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who dropped the flask ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That went off like a bomb on the left side of the terrace :lolol: after falling from the upper tier.

I jumped back to avoid the shower of glass. Just a bit of advice, don't drop a vacuum flask from a height.

I'd imagine it was a total accident since from my experience flask users tend to be terribly sensible.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Either an accident or a total flask NOVICE was attending the game

I'd imagine lesson one is don't drop flask.

I've changed my opinion of flasks after today. They are quite dangerous when dropped from a height onto a terrace. This one quite literally exploded showering hundreds of innocent football supporters with tiny shards of a reflective insulating glass based material.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Must be the day for it. I found a pair of black glasses on the lower terrace after the final whistle. I imagine they were lost from the owner's pocket during O'Grady's celebrations.

If they're yours, it's my sad duty to report that they appeared to have been crushed beyond recognition in all the excitement. Still. If you're going to lose an expensive pair of bins, at least do it while the Albion are scoring, right? Greater good, and all that.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
That went off like a bomb on the left side of the terrace :lolol: after falling from the upper tier.

I jumped back to avoid the shower of glass. Just a bit of advice, don't drop a vacuum flask from a height.

I'd imagine it was a total accident since from my experience flask users tend to be terribly sensible.
don't flask me

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Flask-Gate.

We must unmask this hooligan.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thought the stewards were going to treat it as a major incident - then looked up to the top tier and saw all the bobble hats

Quite, saw them mouth the word "flask" and nod in agreement that rather than dealing with a hooligan it was a mere accident involving someone who enjoys the odd hike and whilst not being a serious mountaineer always ensures their mobile is fully charged and has previously informed all friends and relatives of their whereabouts.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Must be the day for it. I found a pair of black glasses on the lower terrace after the final whistle. I imagine they were lost from the owner's pocket during O'Grady's celebrations.

If they're yours, it's my sad duty to report that they appeared to have been crushed beyond recognition in all the excitement. Still. If you're going to lose an expensive pair of bins, at least do it while the Albion are scoring, right? Greater good, and all that.

Many moons ago, at Upton Park, I went loopy after we took the lead- Iosing my glasses in the process. Bearing in mind that everyone around did the same, I expected to find them mangled on one of the terrace steps. Once the celebration had died down, I asked people around me to take a look for them. They were found and handed to me totally undisturbed. To this day I cannot understand how they weren't crushed. I wore a backstrap on them at Albion matches after that.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing

If you was standing behind the goal at the front then they was my friends, he dropped them after the goal in all the excitement. Was rather funny as someone picked them up at the end and tried them on even though they was broke hahahaha
:albion2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It wasn't even of the tartan variety. Whilst I was (before I'd realised I had gone mad) picking up the larger pieces and handing them to the steward (who was in full flask response mode) someone picked up the outer plastic vessel which was huge, jug shaped and just cried out smug commuter.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you was standing behind the goal at the front then they was my friends, he dropped them after the goal in all the excitement. Was rather funny as someone picked them up at the end and tried them on even though they was broke hahahaha
:albion2:

I was, yes, by the pillar. One of the arms had snapped off completely I think and the other was bent downwards so it looked like one of those pairs of glasses that pantomime dames hold up to their face :lol: I believe it was Muhammed "I'm hard" Bruce Lee's brother who felt the urge to model them :clap:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It wasn't even of the tartan variety. Whilst I was (before I'd realised I had gone mad) picking up the larger pieces and handing them to the steward (who was in full flask response mode) someone picked up the outer plastic vessel which was huge, jug shaped and just cried out smug commuter.

But what was contained within? Was it coffee? Was it Bovril? Had one of them naughtily smuggled a flask of something stronger into the ground?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here