PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can't see another thread so here we go

Stockdale 8 Good saves
Calderon 7 Good game
Greer 8 Captains performance
Dunk 7 Given the runaround first half, better second and scored.
Chicksen 4 Not up to it I'm afraid
Baldock 6 Spent most of his game helping Chicksen, odd for a forward!!
Ince 8 What we need in midfield
March 6 poor first half better second.
Tex 5 Light weight
CMS 5 Constantly off side.
Kolla 7 Again what we need

Halford 7 Help the team get the win
O Grady 9 mom changed the game, simple.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Player ratings vs Brentford Away.....

From those at the game please.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Started one at the same time

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Stockers 9, Calde 6 Greer 7 Dunk 7 Chicksen 4, Baldock 5 March 6 Ince 5 Holla 5 Texeira 5, CMS 7 Subs: O'Grady 10, Halford 8

The midfield was practically non-existent until Halford came on.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Stockdale 8- Made some great saves, although the parry from the first shot was scary.
Calderon 7- Didn't do much wrong, attacks tended to be on Chicksen's side.
Dunk 7- Solid, I do really like the pairing of Dunk and Greer.
Greer 7.5- Solid, cleared the ball when needed. Definitely led the team well.
Chicksen 4- Kept getting the run around from their left winger, shocking first half. Very weak.
Ince- 7 Good performance, and he actually managed to judge some headers today.
Holla- 7 Also did a good job in midfield.
Texeira- 7 Had some good runs, looked like if we were going to get anything in the first half it would have come from him.
March- 8 Didn't have a 'blinder' as such, but got stuck in, ran with the ball. The fact he has no right foot lets him down.
CMS- 5 Everything that went up to him came back.
Baldock- 7 Thought he played alright.
Halford- 7.5 As much as I disliked him before he came, he really adds something. Set up O'Grady for the second.
O'Grady- 8.5 My Albion MoTM. Completely changed the game when he came on, hold up play was awesome. Has to start against Charlton.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Thought Calde man of the 90. Tex and Chick - who was repeatedly done, but I sympathise, as he resembled me on many a Sunday morning - the too-lightweight weakest. Ince and Baldock much better. The O'grady shots which all but went in and then hit post nearly killed off my dizzy heart.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Stockdale 8 - One brilliant save, on top of that totally assured
Calderon 6 - Not sure, one superb cross second half ... ancy in the first
Greer 9 - Didn't see him put a foot wrong (but the view was crap)
Dunk 6 - Nice to score (didn't see that either) but think he owes GG a pint/point
Chicksen 5 - Kept tight on his man but created nothing too much
Holla 6 - Just OK 1st half ... much better 2nd
Ince 7 - Much better 2nd half, where he got stuck in
Tex 6 - Get rid of the ball! Too much good work undone by keeping hold
March 6 - Gash 1st, decent 2nd ... needs to play wider I reckon
Baldock 6 - Had one decent shooting opportunity which he bottled, otherwise anonymous
CMS 4 - Head must be in Peterborough, send the rest back please

Halford 7 - Must be scary to play against
O Grady 8 - Pity he missed that one but shows what can be accomplished with a "strong, put it about a bit and got some ball control" bloke

Hughton/Jones - 9 Never liked the starting line up but recovered with inspired subs

Fans - 10 Hate the COG piss takes ... Love the COG piss takes. Next up at the Amex "O'Grady for England"

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There will be a lot of low ratings from me as a result of the absolutely dire and shambolic first half performance. Amazing we didn't go in at half-time two or three goals down. And in the second half it was impossible what was happening on the goal line down the opposite end so not sure whether Brentford's near misses were down to decent defending or good luck.

Stockdale 7. A couple of decent saves, but too often far too slow in releasing the ball. Get it upfield, man ... that's where the opposition's goal is.
Calderon 6. One of our best two defenders and got forward on a number of occasions.
Greer 5. Some truly awful passing in the first half. Redeemed himself somewhat in the 2nd.
Dunk 7. Pick of the defence and a nicely taken goal. MOM.
Chicksen 3. Shambolic first half. Slightly better in the second. He's not Championship material.
Holla 5. Poor first half. Better after half time. Still, it's good to see him in the team. Better than JFC.
Ince 7. Pick of the midfielders.
Tex 6. Some good stuff, but needs to toughen up. Knocked off the ball too easily. Also needs to work on his decision making. Held on to the ball far too long on one occasion in the 2nd half when he should have had a shot.
March 6. Poor first half. Better in the second and great free kick for Dunk's goal.
Baldock 5. Spent too much time defending in the first half. Not sure why we have a striker out wide?
CMS 4. Poor. A lot of running around with, as usual, little effect. When COG came on we saw what a striker should be doing. We should get rid.

Subs:
O'Grady 8. Carried on where he left off on Monday evening at Fulham. Why didn't he start? Great hold up play and well taken goal.
Halford 7. Really pleased we got him back. He also should be starting.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Starting eleven.

Stockdale 8 : Great saves, particularly in the first half to keep us in the game.

Calderon 7 : A couple of awkward positioning mistakes with Greer

Greer 7 : Same as Calderon (A couple of awkward positioning mistakes), but good to have the Captain back.

Dunk 8 : Another fairly solid display ('rating' bolstered by yet another goal), a well taken goal; just enough to turn it into the net.

Chicksen 6 : Had a hard time this afternoon, and despite his lack of both game time and experience didn't have a shocker...Still prefer him to start over Bennett as he's our player (especially as we are no longer playing such an extreme, level of the [Hyypia] wing-back system).

Ince 7.5 : Starting to get back towards the performance levels of last season.

Holla 7 : Reasonable performance, helps build up play...despite a couple of miss placed passes.

Texeira : 6.5 Far to light weight, would much prefer Caskey (when fit).

March : 8 Growing in ability every game, great cross (from the free kick) for the first goal.

CMS : 6 Tries hard...

Baldock : 6.5 Would lose his place almost certainly to a fit LuaLua, but on the other hand would've probably started a head of Macca.

Subs.

Halford 7.5 : Despite my initial reservations when he signed (initially) he is a true utility player, didn't look to out of place at left-mid (wouldn't be my first choice in that position, however).

O'Grady : 8.5 My Man of the Match. Unlikely game charger, completely changed the game (along with Halford, to a lesser extent), another match winning performance in addition to Fulham (A). Will hopefully start against Charlton. Definitely has a place in our squad.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Stockdale 8 - One brilliant save, on top of that totally assured
Calderon 6 - Not sure, one superb cross second half ... ancy in the first
Greer 9 - Didn't see him put a foot wrong (but the view was crap)
Dunk 6 - Nice to score (didn't see that either) but think he owes GG a pint/point
Chicksen 5 - Kept tight on his man but created nothing too much
Holla 6 - Just OK 1st half ... much better 2nd
Ince 7 - Much better 2nd half, where he got stuck in
Tex 6 - Get rid of the ball! Too much good work undone by keeping hold
March 6 - Gash 1st, decent 2nd ... needs to play wider I reckon
Baldock 6 - Had one decent shooting opportunity which he bottled, otherwise anonymous
CMS 4 - Head must be in Peterborough, send the rest back please

Halford 7 - Must be scary to play against
O Grady 8 - Pity he missed that one but shows what can be accomplished with a "strong, put it about a bit and got some ball control" bloke

Hughton/Jones - 9 Never liked the starting line up but recovered with inspired subs

Fans - 10 Hate the COG piss takes ... Love the COG piss takes. Next up at the Amex "O'Grady for England"

Agree with these although CMS was probably a 3 for me. Total gash.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Stockdale - 7
Calderon - 7
Greer - 8
Dunk - 8
Chicksen - 6
Ince - 6.5
Holla - 6.5
March - 7
Teixeria - 6.5
Baldock - 6
CMS - 4

Subs

Halford - 7
O'Grady - 8

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale - 8 His saves kept us in it until we decided to play
Calderon - 8 Joint MOM with Stockdale
Greer - 7 some wayward passing but definitely a leader on the pitch
Dunk - 7 great header for the first goal
Chicksen - 5 he was given a torrid time by Jota until Halford helped out
Ince - 6 got some good tackles in to win the ball
Holla - 7
March - 7 superb delivery for the first goal
Teixeria - 6
Baldock - 5 played better once COG came on
CMS - 4 tired out the Brentford defence

Subs

Halford - 7 he made a big difference on the left when he came on. Good utility player
O'Grady - 7 unlucky not to score a couple but kept going until he did score.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Who was good and who was poor is fairly well reflected in the marks from the previous posters.
They say history is written by winners, and the way we will reflect on our visit to Griffin Park will be determined mostly by the result.
I reckon we can shave a mark off everyone's average score because we were truly shocking for most of the game. Our first half performance was diabolical and on most occasions would have seen us 2 or 3 goals down by half time.
I can't knock our effort and can't deny that I loved my day out.
Yesterday (and until we are safe) the wins will be more important than the performance.
If I were a Brentford fan I would still be trying to work out how they didn't win.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
>O'Grady 8.50 (28mins, 10 votes)

The Rest:
Stockdale 8.10 (97mins, 10 votes)
Greer 7.75 (97mins, 10 votes)
>Halford 7.50 (28mins, 10 votes)
Dunk 7.30 (97mins, 10 votes)