Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Hughton do Huddles?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
One of the most ludicrous sights ever seen at the Amex was surely that impromptu exhibition of synchronised huddling, featuring the begrappled players of Reading (how very Waitrose of them) and the Albion (who should realise this sort of thing is best left down at Duke's Mound).

Has anyone ever revealed what is actually said during these toe-curling displays? Does Gordon suddenly go all Agincourt? Do they exchange footwear fashion tips? Does anyone actually say anything? I think we should be told.

Not having been at Brentford today, I'm left guessing as to whether Chris Hughton goes in for huddles (Huggles?) So, what happened? And – appalling thought – if they did huddle, does the result that mean we're now stuck with it for the rest of the season?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Why wouldn't you like huddles? They build team spirit which usually equates to success?

Oh.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No, he uses an iPad.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Landon Donovan liked to hug the sky for the LA Galaxy. Do you think Garrard can learn that?

0055%20%281%29%20copy.JPG

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
One of the most ludicrous sights ever seen at the Amex was surely that impromptu exhibition of synchronised huddling, featuring the begrappled players of Reading (how very Waitrose of them) and the Albion (who should realise this sort of thing is best left down at Duke's Mound).

Has anyone ever revealed what is actually said during these toe-curling displays? Does Gordon suddenly go all Agincourt? Do they exchange footwear fashion tips? Does anyone actually say anything? I think we should be told.

Not having been at Brentford today, I'm left guessing as to whether Chris Hughton goes in for huddles (Huggles?) So, what happened? And – appalling thought – if they did huddle, does the result that mean we're now stuck with it for the rest of the season?
a bit of a Lilliput attitude?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No huddle today but Stockdale went to every player and gave each a hug. Cant say if Hughton had told him to do that or not.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't particularly like huddles, though they are tolerable.

But one thing I really do hate is what Brentford do after half-time, when the team come out, put cones on the pitch and do some kind of second warm-up often with the other team waiting to start. It's taking the piss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has anyone ever revealed what is actually said during these toe-curling displays? Does Gordon suddenly go all Agincourt?

Reading was the first time I've seen the Albion do it. We let in a goal after 39 seconds of that game, so as a mechanism to fire the players up, it wasn't terribly successful.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
What's the issue with huddles? :shrug:

I'm with you on this, I'm not seeing the issue either.

If it does somehow serve to inspire the team on to win a match then absolutely worth it, if it doesn't make much of a difference to a poor display then it was worth a go regardless...surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here