Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With O'Grady finding some form where do we need to strengthen in the transfer window?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Realistically, the type of forward I'd be hoping to sign would be someone like an in-form CO'G and now he's finally finding his touch I'm wondering where we need to strengthen the team for the rest of the season and onwards. We don't look too weak in many positions so maybe a quiet transfer window, keep the key loanees and see where we are come May or June when Hughton has had a good look at the team. What do others think?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need another Championship quality forward, KLL and Colunga are the only ones we have at the moment imo. O'Grady may prove me wrong. Given up on CMS, not been impressed by Baldock so far. March is spasmodic. Any news on Lua Lua?

We could do with some creativity coupled with experience and nastiness in midfield as it looks like Stephens and Crofts are out for a while longer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Realistically, the type of forward I'd be hoping to sign would be someone like an in-form CO'G and now he's finally finding his touch I'm wondering where we need to strengthen the team for the rest of the season and onwards. We don't look too weak in many positions so maybe a quiet transfer window, keep the key loanees and see where we are come May or June when Hughton has had a good look at the team. What do others think?
Bent was a good loan signing - if we could do the same again, that would be good, or we could look abroad (as we did with Ulloa). Then it depends how Hughton wants us to play. We've still got a few injuries, but otherwise we're not short of players, so quality only please.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
......... so maybe a quiet transfer window, keep the key loanees and see where we are come May or June when Hughton has had a good look at the team. What do others think?

I think this will be the plan - maybe a couple of GOOD loans. Midfield still looks weak - there weren't too many choices for midfield today, were there?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Not sure we need a striker, we have some very capable goalscorers in the squad.

Where we need to strengthen is at fullback - Calderon is shit, and Chicksen just hasn't stepped up.

We also need to get TOKO on the pitch and either play Paddy or sign another creative midfielder.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Chris Wood, Wilson Palacios and the lad Jack Robinson on loan from Liverpool. Job done :)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Where we need to strengthen is at fullback - Calderon is shit, and Chicksen just hasn't stepped up.

I would say that is a little harsh on Calderon!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We also need to get TOKO on the pitch and either play Paddy or sign another creative midfielder.

I would persevere with Chicksen, not as first choice but I think he is going to be OK with a bit more experience. Calderon is not up to the Championship imo and makes up for lack of pace and skill with passion and effort. I'd like to see a new right back and Bruno used in midfield.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh come on, this was just one result! We have not suddenly become a good team overnight, the problems are still there, they haven't gone away. I still think we look weak in several key areas, most noticeably midfield. We also need someone capable of consistently banging in a few goals between now and the end of the season.

That said, we have looked so much better in the last couple of games, remarkable the difference a change of management has made. Good to see Hughton playing two up top today. First time a Brighton manager has done that in a long time.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
A young, pacy right back is definitely needed soon. Could be good to bring one in this window, as would give the player time to settle in / adjust if one is coming in from abroad and would also give extra cover.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hero striker, and central midfielder.

Maybe another wide midfielder.

Wouldn't be surprised if CMS is shipped out if isn't signed up on a new deal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Pardon?, capable goalscorers?, where? they certainly haven't been scoring this season! I agree Calderon is past his best, but he isn't our first choice right back, but he certainly isn't 'shit', and does a pretty good job more often than not.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh come on, this was just one result! We have not suddenly become a good team overnight, the problems are still there, they haven't gone away. I still think we look weak in several key areas, most noticeably midfield. We also need someone capable of consistently banging in a few goals between now and the end of the season.

That said, we have looked so much better in the last couple of games, remarkable the difference a change of management has made. Good to see Hughton playing two up top today. First time a Brighton manager has done that in a long time.

A couple of results, he played well against Fulham too but my point still stands about the type of striker I'd want to get in. I'm not sure about injury statuses but we've got a hatful of midfielders haven't we? I wonder if the problem wasn't so much a weak team as a dysfunctional one. Agree about playing with two strikers though. It's great to see.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murray or Wood up front and a quality experienced centre midfielder. That's all we need just now.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Definitely wasn't two up top. Macca on his own up front, Baldock out wide left.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We need one or two quality additions to the squad. A forward and midfield are most obvious. Wood would be good, or someone from abroad, maybe Altidore. A right-back in the summer, as Bruno and Calde are ageing. Probably get Joe Bennett at left back, if the price and wages are sensible.

I would persevere with Chicksen, not as first choice but I think he is going to be OK with a bit more experience

Still feel he is a very major non-culturally specific disaster

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here