Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Neville made first coffee last week.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Good friend of our family lost his wife several years ago. He was very old school and just went to work to earn money and everything else was done for him....cooking, cleaning, paying the bills, even small bits of DIY such as changing a plug. He couldn't even write a cheque.

Terrible state to get into.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A girl once phoned in to the Danny Baker show saying that she had dated three Premiership players, she had to write cheques for one while all he could do was sign them. She never named names though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think if a cheque is involved, technically it's not a date.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think if a cheque is involved, technically it's not a date.

I see what you did there..... another point, weren't the Neville brothers in some fly on the wall prog in which they were unable to find a wooden spoon, in a well stocked kitchen, with which to make scrambled eggs ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
another point, weren't the Neville brothers in some fly on the wall prog in which they were unable to find a wooden spoon, in a well stocked kitchen
I was thinking of the same thing, and I think it was just Gary - he was with Beckham, and made David look like a genius. That was the last I saw of him off the field until he started to work for sky sports, when I was shocked that he's not so thick after all. Clearly it's just as Phil says - they've lived their entire lives in bubbles, and all they know is football.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, that was it. I think Beckham barely knew how to open a drawer !

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
All the wedge he has earned and he makes instant coffee. Wanker! Bet he's really generous to the missus around Christmas.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72aHqkhPu0U

I thought Beckham was the smart one of the two, in that particular instance :shrug:
Understatement of the year.

Gary: Becks that's burning
David: what's burning
Gary: that pan there
David: it's got potatoes in it
Gary: looks like it's burning. It just flamed up
David: what's burning
Gary (referencing the gas hob): that underneath, see it Gower? What is it that? Is it supposed to be like that?

Last edited:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I see what you did there..... another point, weren't the Neville brothers in some fly on the wall prog in which they were unable to find a wooden spoon, in a well stocked kitchen, with which to make scrambled eggs ?

At one point during the search Gary opened what looked like a cupboard and it turned out to be a dishwasher. He looked quite surprised to find that he actually had a dishwasher.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A girl once phoned in to the Danny Baker show saying that she had dated three Premiership players, she had to write cheques for one while all he could do was sign them. She never named names though.

Probably didn't reveal how much she was charging them to the Inland Revenue either.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
It doesn't make Gary Neville thick because he didn't know where his wooden spoon was haha he looked in the dishwasher Im guessing to see if it had been washed. Lets not forget hes probably only 19, 20 or 21 in that video.

Footballers obviously lead sheltered lives though, everything gets done for them by the club or their family. All they have to do is train and play football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here