Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion skipper Greer calls for stability [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion*captain Gordon Greer has called for a period of stability at the club.
Greer, available after a knee problem at Brentford today in the FA Cup, begins life under a fourth manager in two-and-a-half seasons.
Chris Hughton has been appointed by the Seagulls on a three-and-a-half year contract following the departures of Gus Poyet, Oscar Garcia and Sami Hyypia.
Centre-half Greer told The Argus: “We have turned over a lot of players as well so moving forward it would be great for the club to have stability.
“The manager is in place and he can build a long-term thing here where we push for promotion and the ultimate aim for everybody at Brighton is to get promoted to the Premier League.
“I think to do that you need a good bit of stability, both with the manager and with the playing staff.”
Greer’s Brighton-born Scotland team-mate Russell Martin played under Hughton at Norwich.
“I speak to Russ from time to time but I’ve not spoken to him about the manager,” Greer said. “Obviously it’s fresh at the moment, the manager has only just come in but when I’ve spoken to Russ in the past and he (Hughton) was still at Norwich, he spoke really highly of him. I’m sure at some point I’ll speak to Russ.
“I think it was important for the club that we got somebody in place as quickly as possible with the January window opening and all the loan players going back. The manager’s got great pedigree so it’s great that we have got him here.”
Oscar, head coach last season, watches Albion today on a visit from Spain.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here