Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville makes Albion job claim [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Phil Neville says he was offered the Albion job in the summer.
He turned it down, because he did not feel ready.
Neville makes the claim in the Daily Mail today.
The ex-England, Everton and Manchester United utility player said: "I keep seeing managers getting sacked, not being given time, being treated like s**t, being hung out to dry.
"I got offered a job in the summer – Brighton – and I turned it down, and people close to me thought I was stupid.
"But if I'm going to do something I need to be good at it. I need to have done all the qualifications. I need to get enough experience under my belt."
Neville, who left the coaching staff at Manchester United after David Moyes was sacked and now works as a pundit for the BBC, added: "Right now I just don’t think it’s for me.
"One, because I don’t think I’m ready. I’m doing the Pro Licence at the moment but I don’t have enough experience. I’ve not done enough hours in the trenches.
"I’ve signed a two-year contract with the BBC and I see it as part of my learning. And there may be another path for me."
Sami Hyypia was appointed by Albion in the summer but resigned before Christmas. Chris Hughton has now replaced him.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here