Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-020115-l229-2178397_478x359.jpg

Gordon Greer
Image by: Bennett Dean

PUBLISHED
06:00 3rd January 2015
by James Hilsum
I’ve been out for five weeks, so it’s nice to be back training with the players and be available for selection."
Gordon Greer

Brighton & Hove Albion skipper Gordon Greer is delighted to be fit again following his recovery from a knee injury and says the whole squad are thrilled to have a manager of Chris Hughton’s calibre at the club.

The Scotland international is set to make his first Albion appearance since November in the FA Cup third round tie at Brentford this afternoon and he cannot wait to get back out onto the pitch.He said, “I’ve been out for five weeks, so it’s nice to be back training with the players and be available for selection.
“I had a long-standing issue with my knee that was gradually getting worse as I was playing on it and it got to a point where it was getting a bit sore. But the swelling is now gone and I feel fine now.
“We trained yesterday under Chris and did a bit of shape work and there are few things that he wants to install into us.
"The manager's got a great pedigree, so it's great that we have got him here. It's up to us now as players to train as well as we can and try to impress him to get into the starting eleven.
“It’s just good to have him in place and the players are obviously raring to go. We had a good week last week beating Fulham away, which was a great team performance, and everybody is feeling positive about our current situation that we’re in. Hopefully we can now climb up the table quickly.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The defender also believes that a good cup run would be beneficial for Albion’s season and says lessons have been learned from Albion’s 3-2 defeat at Griffin Park earlier in the season.“After the game we realised that we were far too open and we made it too easy for them. This is something that we’ll bear in mind going into the game.
“Brentford have been doing very well this year and it will be a tough game, but one we’re looking forward to and one we can win.
“Some of my fondest and worst memories have come in the FA Cup; getting to play Liverpool for me was amazing. Obviously when I look back on it, we got beaten heavily so it wasn’t a great experience in that sense, but to go there and have a chance to play at Anfield is a chance you don’t get unless you’re still in the competition, so we would love to do well and go as far as we can.”
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here