Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The table dosent lie

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This time last year we were flattering to deceive in the championship with many sought after players.

12 months later we are scraping the barrell at the bottom of the championship with no sought after players.

Last January we sold Bridcutt,Barnes,EL Abd

This January Lewis Dunk apart I doubt we will sell anybody.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This time last year we were flattering to deceive in the championship with many sought after players.

12 months later we are scraping the barrell at the bottom of the championship with no sought after players.

Pass me the razor blades.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
"The table doesn't lie", but "this time last year we were flattering to deceive". So how does that work then?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Has El Abd retired, he no longer figures on the team sheet at Bristol City, not even as a sub.

Wasn't he loaned out to a club in the north? Bury? Yes, there has been much deserved criticism of the Albion these last few months, but we now have the chance to pick up. Nothing is certain, and there are so many variables -January transfer targets/ will they gel as a team/ will they respect CH/ always that element of luck etc etc, but we must enjoy this moment of optimism, and who knows, we will climb the table. Some posts in the past have referred us to the research done that showed after the initial burst of enthusiasm, spurred on by a change of manager, the team gradually went down to it original position. Given that many (most ?) of us thought that the team was actually better than the position indicated, we can only hope this will not be the case. Time will tell.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
"The table doesn't lie", but "this time last year we were flattering to deceive". So how does that work then?
Clearly the table has learnt that lying is wrong. Last season it was dropping untruths all over place and as a result, for example, Burnley got promoted despite actually losing 25 games in a row (it happened, the table changed the result).

To avoid this sort of thing happening again, the table was sent on a similar behavioural course to the one that Dave Whelan will soon experience which thankfully showed it why lying is wrong.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Why bother posting this? We all know we've had a bad season but surely it's time to get behind the new manager rather than moan about our situation.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Oh come on! There's always Kaz. We could sell him too. And CMS...and there are plenty would be glad to take Bruno, March and JFC off us!

You've a way to go yet before you reach the bottom of that glass :lolol:

Edit: I forgot Walton....promising young keeper. Someone is bound to snap him up:rolleyes:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Hughton may want to rebuild more substantially and may need some transfer funds. Don't rule out CMS & Lua Lua leaving if they don't sign new contracts.

Players attractive to bigger/richer clubs in addition to Dunk include Walton, March & JFC.

Then we have the players who have failed to make an impact this season. Kemy & Toko may well want to move on or be made to move on and O'Grady will need assurances he is part of the manager's plans to quell his pining for Sheff Utd.

Finally, Hughes came here wanting 1st team football, now he has been superseded by Halfords as our 3rd choice CB, could he follow AEB down the divisions in a desperate attempt to start every week. How low would he go?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Finally, Hughes came here wanting 1st team football, now he has been superseded by Halfords as our 3rd choice CB, could he follow AEB down the divisions in a desperate attempt to start every week. How low would he go?

I'm really glad we resigned Halford but feel a bit sorry for Hughes. He's done a good job whenever called upon but has been kept out by the form of Greer and Dunk, and now Halford.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
On loan at Bury I think.

Indeed he is and playing a key part in their resurgence even if he is feeling a mite homesick by his tweets.
I love Adam to bits and love to see him doing well. I do think he felt let down by the Albion but he was never going to be more than a peripheral figure here in the Championship. I think Cotterill let him down badly at Bristol by playing him out of position and not backing him in the in-fighting in the locker room. Seems to be back enjoying his football at Bury & good luck to him.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Did you post this before Christmas and it's only just appeared ? :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I'm really glad we resigned Halford but feel a bit sorry for Hughes. He's done a good job whenever called upon but has been kept out by the form of Greer and Dunk, and now Halford.

Would it be surprising if Hughes converted to full back? At Birmingham and at Norwich Hughton played one flyer - a full back like either Bennett or Calderon/Bruno - but never two and his other full back was someone defensively minded ensuring a solid back three if his team lost the ball breaking forward.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would it be surprising if Hughes converted to full back? At Birmingham and at Norwich Hughton played one flyer - a full back like either Bennett or Calderon/Bruno - but never two and his other full back was someone defensively minded ensuring a solid back three if his team lost the ball breaking forward.

That's certainly an option. Hughes did okay in his ten minutes at right back at Bournemouth before being stretchered off (which I think is what led to Halford coming in from memory as we thought it was a much more serious injury than it turned out to be).

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Has El Abd retired, he no longer figures on the team sheet at Bristol City, not even as a sub.

After a dire time with Bristol City, he's moved on loan to Bury until the end of January. I was told he's doing well and they want to keep him to the end of the season. Good news for Adam at last

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here