Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom has high hopes Hughton will lift Albion away from trouble [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion chairman Tony Bloom has predicted a climb away from Championship trouble under new manager Chris Hughton.
Bloom is back in Australasia for the winter after sealing the appointment of Hughton as successor to Sami Hyypia.
He is confident when he returns that Albion, currently outside the bottom three on goal difference, will have more breathing space.
Bloom, below, said: “I think over the last few years the club has done exceptionally well.
“We’ve made the play-offs for the last two seasons where not many people would have expected that, because we’re always fighting against eight to ten teams who have got parachute payments.
“Almost every other club has been in the Premier League in the last ten years, so we have been punching above our weight and have done really well.
“Now this season has been a disappointment but it does happen in football.
“We’ve had quite a few injuries. Things haven’t quite gone for us on the pitch. Not all of our summer signings have worked out for one reason or another. That does happen.
“But I’m looking to the future, to the next few months.
“With Chris Hughton as our manager I really think we’re going to push up the table and I think the performances in the last few games have really shown we can do that.”
Fourth-bottom Albion will return to league action at Charlton on January 10 on an unbeaten three-match run after tomorrow’s FA Cup tie at Brentford.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here