fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
1. You can't read.
2. You can't spell.

.... image.jpg

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Strange that he should talk to the club, come down for an interview and only decide that the time wasn't right when (allegedly) offered the job!? :shrug:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
This person made his first cup of coffee only three months ago, and then had to phone his wife to guide him through it - like an air traffic controller guiding in a novice after the pilot has had a heart attck. I think managing a professional football team might've been beyond him . . . thankfully, we'll always have his insightful wit as a pundit . . .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I find it staggering that we would go as far as to offer the job to someone with virtually no badges or experience coaching. A least Hyypia has 18 months at Leverkusen. Things went bad quickly under Hyypia but I feel that hiring Neville would have been just as bad (if not worse).

Also, I think it lacks class to openly say "I was offered the job at Brighton".

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I find it staggering that we would go as far as to offer the job to someone with virtually no badges or experience coaching. A least Hyypia has 18 months at Leverkusen. Things went bad quickly under Hyypia but I feel that hiring Neville would have been just as bad (if not worse).

Also, I think it lacks class to openly say "I was offered the job at Brighton".

It says I was offered a job at Brighton. Hyypia's number two perhaps?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Something doesn't ring true here.

He went through the extensive interview process, did well enough to get the job, and then 'bottled out' when he thought that he wasn't ready.

Weird behaviour.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This person made his first cup of coffee only three months ago, and then had to phone his wife to guide him through it - like an air traffic controller guiding in a novice after the pilot has had a heart attck. I think managing a professional football team might've been beyond him . . . thankfully, we'll always have his insightful wit as a pundit . . .

Exactly. We have to swallow our pain and be glad that our loss was broadcasting's gain. To think of all that insight being wasted on Gordon Greer and company instead of being shared with the public...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Something doesn't ring true here.

He went through the extensive interview process, did well enough to get the job, and then 'bottled out' when he thought that he wasn't ready.

Weird behaviour.

That's why I don't think he is referring to the manager's position.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is a non story. As others have said, nowhere does he say he was offered the manager's job and we know, after the Lee debacle, that we needed a number two.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There are lots of jobs he could've done.... perhaps working in the shop would have suited him?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here