Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dax - A Baby in New York

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A pregnant couple traveled to America and the lady subsequently went in to birth prematurely.

An interesting case, if you feel that way inclined, of a healthcare issue. A charity fund set up by a friend, before they were sure whether travel insurance covered them, has raised thousands.

Travel insurance has now been revealed to cover the medical costs.

They've clearly got to spend money on living in the states for a month or two and cover their costs in England.

£6k should do it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i find it incredible that the insurance company couldnt tell them immediately if they were covered.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hi, my name is Dax Johnston. My Mummy and Daddy went on a 5 day break to New York as a last get away before I came along! They went to a cake shop (Mummy loves cakes), and were walking through Central Park on a movie tour and I decided they were having such a good time I wanted to see what all the fun was about, and I decided to pop out 11 weeks early!!!!! Oooops! Maybe it wasn't a good idea as now we are not aloud [sic] to leave the hospital until March the 10th!!!!! We need your help as Mummy and Daddy have no money, no clothes, no friends or family or a familiar face to just say hello to! I know they are scared, but they have some good friends back home that are working very hard to help me! I have already appeared in 3 News Papers! Even the Daily Mirror! We are not sure if Mummy and Daddy's Travel Insurance is going to cover our costs so they are very worried as the bill is looking at being over $200,000 which is £130,000!!! Yikes! No matter how small a donation you can make it will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou xxx

He picked up the lingo pretty quickly.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
i find it incredible that the insurance company couldnt tell them immediately if they were covered.

Not really. Depends on checking what was disclosed when the insurance was purchased, what might have been disclosed later, the extend of the coverage, any medical reports that need to be checkd, getting the medical treatment history and plan from the US hospital....doesn't sound like a straightforward case and there also seems to be some doubt as to whether they had insurance anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here