Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Routledge red overturned.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watching MOTD I thought both should have got a red, Henry for the challenge and Routledge for the albeit small kick at him. A kick is a kick are the FA now putting a degree of force on a kick as to the deciding9 factor on a card

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's right at the end, surely it can not be over term as the law is Kiki g or attempting to kick, so I don't see how the force of the kick matters?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolutely disgusting 'challenge' by Henry. Routledge deserves a medal for his restraint.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Unbelievable restraint. I don't know how he did not clock him!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Henry should get a retrospective ban as ref did nothing about it but it doesnt condone Routledge kicking out. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely disgusting 'challenge' by Henry. Routledge deserves a medal for his restraint.

Exactly this.

Henry has form. How he hasn't ended a players career by now is beyond me. Easily the dirtiest current player I've seen play by a country mile. I still remember that challenge on Bridcutt up at Molineux as well.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Exactly this.

Henry has form. How he hasn't ended a players career by now is beyond me. Easily the dirtiest current player I've seen play by a country mile. I still remember that challenge on Bridcutt up at Molineux as well.

Totally agree, Henry is just a thug in a football kit.

The ref was awful. Didn't send off Green for the handball as well. I know managers are massively biased to their own club but when you see a refereeing performance as bad as this, you start to think they may have a point.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Horrific tackle by Henry. A player with no footballing ability and just a destroyer. Routledge was lucky to avoid serious injury and his red card was rightly rescinded.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Henry should get a retrospective ban as ref did nothing about it but it doesnt condone Routledge kicking out. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

The referee did do something about it as he cautioned him.

If that's a kick then it is the end of football as we know it - Assistant Referee has had a mare telling the ref to send him off.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Exactly this.

I'd be interested to know how he and Zamora get on at QPR. I'm sure Henry kicked him out of a game playing for Wolves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The referee did do something about it as he cautioned him.

If that's a kick then it is the end of football as we know it - Assistant Referee has had a mare telling the ref to send him off
Didnt see the yellow card but the rules are explicit kicking or attempting to kick so that clearly fell into that catergory.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Didnt see the yellow card but the rules are explicit kicking or attempting to kick so that clearly fell into that catergory.

He has moved his leg about half a foot towards him, not in an aggressive manner. It's the same as a push on the shoulder, what football fans would call 'handbags', 'yellow' for both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here