Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains/buses problem for next week's Charlton gane

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just tried to book Arundel to Charlton rail ticket and it's coming up that "All or part of the journey will be by bus" Has anyone got any further info on this?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brighton line shut so trains via Littlehampton direct to Victoria.

Options to Charlton from London either from Victoria or Blackfriars

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
There is always, always an issue with trains when we play Charlton. It's like the FA check Network Rail's engineering timetable and think "yep, that'll do". Sake.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly going to be a very long day on the trains for a London game.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
We had this with Millwall last season. Took hours to get there with busses and trains for what should be a really simple quick journey. I hate travelling in the wrong direction I. E along the west coast to then head north. Troubles me immensely.

Moonie

Jan 10, 2004
I just checked on bognor to Victoria. No problems. Did you plan via London bridge?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
haywards heath to blackfriars and from blackfriars to charlton £16.70 return

i will just drive to Haywards heath i guess. anyone know where to park?

Either the station car park (chargeable) or maybe Clair Hall (Perrymount road) car park which should be free on a Saturday. If not then plenty of street parking in the residential roads surrounding the station.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Either the station car park (chargeable) or maybe Clair Hall (Perrymount road) car park which should be free on a Saturday. If not then plenty of street parking in the residential roads surrounding the station.

£7.80 at the station car park (commuter ripoff territory) but plenty of space at the weekend. Clair Hall is 2 mins walk away but not sure if there are any restrictions

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

£7.80 at the station car park (commuter ripoff territory) but plenty of space at the weekend. Clair Hall is 2 mins walk away but not sure if there are any restrictions

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Think Clair Hall uses the Mid Sussex District Council parking disc which gives you up to 4hrs, so not much use.

There's a pay & display in Heath Road (about 10 mins walk up Perrymount Rd from the station) which is £4 for the whole day if you use the long stay bit. Make sure you park in the correct space though. The parking attendants of MSDC are extremely enthusiastic about their work, as I know to my cost :facepalm:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Think Clair Hall uses the Mid Sussex District Council parking disc which gives you up to 4hrs, so not much use.

There's a pay & display in Heath Road (about 10 mins walk up Perrymount Rd from the station) which is £4 for the whole day if you use the long stay bit. Make sure you park in the correct space though. The parking attendants of MSDC are extremely enthusiastic about their work, as I know to my cost :facepalm:

I am pretty sure the more fines they give out the more of a bounes they get

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here