Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rudy Austin

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
According to our friend Mr.Naylor in the Argus this morning, Chris Hughton is weighing up whether to make a move for Rodolph Austin, the Leeds United midfielder.

Good move or not? We are short in central midfield at the moment, but we could have an embarrassment of riches in that department come the end of the season if Dale Stephens and Andrew Crofts make successful come backs from injury.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Good player, and we need good players now. If we have a surplus of CM at the end of the season but we're still a Championship club then it will have been worth it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I've never thought of him as a stand out player but that's just from the games I've seen him against us and the several hundred times per season Leeds are on TV. Unsure.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Should compliment existing options and free up Holla and Jake for more advanced roles. Good battler who covers the pitch well. Sounds like a proven replacement for Toko.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should compliment existing options and free up Holla and Jake for more advanced roles. Good battler who covers the pitch well. Sounds like a proven replacement for Toko.

Err how do you know how to replace a player none of us have ever seen playing for us ?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Err how do you know how to replace a player none of us have ever seen playing for us ?

Toko was expected to compete for a first team holding midfield role. He hasn't got close to starting and has looked lacking in quality against various U21 opposition. He will probably be moved on (may be hard with 2.5 years remaining) and replacing him with a proven championship player makes sense to me.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Leeds have a transfer embargo so they cannot sign players. I doubt therefore that they would let players go, seems like a bad move on their behalf if they did.

TNBA

TTF

They can sell players and may have to as part of FFP They can replace if earning less so as to reduce losses and comply with FFP

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Toko was expected to compete for a first team holding midfield role. He hasn't got close to starting and has looked lacking in quality against various U21 opposition. He will probably be moved on (may be hard with 2.5 years remaining) and replacing him with a proven championship player makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me too. If we are pursuing a 4-2-3-1 system, then the deep midfielders could be two from Ince, Holla, Stephens, Crofts, Toko or Kemy. Clearly only the first two of those options are realistic right now so we could do with someone asap.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
According to our friend Mr.Naylor in the Argus this morning, Chris Hughton is weighing up whether to make a move for Rodolph Austin, the Leeds United midfielder.

Good move or not? We are short in central midfield at the moment, but we could have an embarrassment of riches in that department come the end of the season if Dale Stephens and Andrew Crofts make successful come backs from injury.

I can't see Crofts coming back for a long time yet. Hope I'm way off the mark but two serious injuries back to back could spell the end of his career.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can't see Crofts coming back for a long time yet. Hope I'm way off the mark but two serious injuries back to back could spell the end of his career.

I also think this unfortunately. Somebody told me they don't think he'll play again via someone else blah blah blah - but whether that's true or not I think he's got a big task to recover properly...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Good move or not? We are short in central midfield at the moment, but we could have an embarrassment of riches in that department come the end of the season if Dale Stephens and Andrew Crofts make successful come backs from injury.[/

IMO this is the key area where we lack quality, but not numbers, as the recruitment of a number of very average midfielders somewhat distorts our squad. We need a stand out player here as at the moment no one is standing out at all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've never thought of him as a stand out player but that's just from the games I've seen him against us and the several hundred times per season Leeds are on TV. Unsure.

10% better than Agustien. Versatile but right footed. He has stood out a little bit against the average dross from what little I have seen of him. Passing stats are above 80% minimum requirement.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Leeds have a transfer embargo so they cannot sign players. I doubt therefore that they would let players go, seems like a bad move on their behalf if they did.

TNBA

TTF

Unless they get some money in and cut their losses they wont be signing anyone ever again.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Leeds have 27 players (memory). If they go down to 24 players, they are allowed one in and one out (with conditions). If Austin is considered superfluous, there could be a chance to get him.

I think we could shift a player to cover his wages though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here