Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seb Bassong

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Anyone else see in the argus that apparently Hughton wants to bring him in? Thoughts?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
He could be seen as the long term replacement for GG. He has played over 140 Premier League games and his still only 28 years old. He has looked good when I have seen him play for Norwich in the PL. Not sure why he is not getting any game time for them in the Championship. Maybe they have better players in the CB department.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hughton seems to love him, signed him at Newcastle then at Norwich. Gave him the captaincy and a new 2 and a half year deal in December 2013 it seems.

European, PL and International experience, think he would be a good addition. Probably a better option than Hughes, who will most likely be off in June.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Anyone else see in the argus that apparently Hughton wants to bring him in? Thoughts?

Already detailed on separate thread yesterday......

"The future of Sebastien Bassong – signed by Hughton at Norwich and Newcastle – remains up in the air following the completion of his loan spell at Watford"

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/could_new_brighton_manager_chris_hughton_call_on_norwich_city_for_recruitment_1_3902875

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
This would be a decent, quality signing in my opinion.

Looks like Chrisy-boy is focusing on the spine of the team which perhaps needs strengthening. That is, the four key positions:

Goalie-sorted
CB -to be strengthened ???
CM -to be strengthened in the absence of Stephens/Crofts ???
CF -Bent to return???

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He could be seen as the long term replacement for GG. He has played over 140 Premier League games and his still only 28 years old. He has looked good when I have seen him play for Norwich in the PL. Not sure why he is not getting any game time for them in the Championship. Maybe they have better players in the CB department.
He's still only 28? It feels like he's been around the English leagues forever!

I was already happy with the idea of him rocking the blue and white stripes and that was when I thought he was around the 32 mark, would most definitely want him here now.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
This would be a great signing but I can imagine his wages are huge from when Norwich were in the Premier League. I think we'd be priced out

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Would be a good signing still a good age and plenty of experience at a higher level, pair him up with Dunk for next season.

If we did sign him though would he be lost to African Nations duty in Jan?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Would be a good signing still a good age and plenty of experience at a higher level, pair him up with Dunk for next season.

If we did sign him though would he be lost to African Nations duty in Jan?

Considering he is French I think we might be alright. RACIST. I joke, not sure if he is currently in the Cameroon set up.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Got the tune, to the Carpenters song. Sing A Song

Seb, Seb Bassong,
He's not simple,
Can play the whole game long,
Don't worry if he's not good enough
for the crunchers up the road,
He's our Seb, Seb Bassong.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Got the tune, to the Carpenters song. Sing A Song

Seb, Seb Bassong,
He's not simple,
Can play the whole game long,
Don't worry if he's not good enough
for the crunchers up the road,
He's our Seb, Seb Bassong.

Good one, in fact so good we have just got to 'sing' him up now

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Was fantastic in Norwich's first season in the PL, then arguably the worst player in the league in their second.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here