Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Kane..... The next big thing in English football??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
17 goals in all competitions already and we are only halfway through the season. Could he be the man to fire England to glory over the next 10 years?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shhhh ! don't say anything about Harry, otherwise, it's bye bye Cruciate/Anterior and his metatarsals will turn to twigs overnight.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
17 goals in all competitions already and we are only halfway through the season. Could he be the man to fire England to glory over the next 10 years?

We're all a bit wise to this now aren't we? That said, Kane looks the business, and I can't remember a time in which there were so many promising young forwards (Kane, Sterling, Berainho, Austin, Ings) to go with the already established but still relatively young (Sturridge, Welbeck) and an increasingly maturing Rooney.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He does look the real deal, although would want to see more of him. If he carries on progressing he really could be something special.

When Spurs sell him for £120m in a year, who are they going to spunk their money on then ?

He will be a Real Madrid player in a year or so at around €70m

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Kane is very Abel

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
He's terrific. I saw him against Newcastle in the Capital One Cup a fortnight ago. And he was good against us in the previous round.
Bit like Ulloa, strong, both feet, holds it up, defends, beats players... but scores more goals. Yesterday against Chelsea he was amazing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He should be in the next squad along with Ings and Austin.

lambert should be nowhere near the squad, Could question Welbeck being in it as well

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Fantastic performance yesterday, strong and quick with his feet but very aware of those around him. He's got a bright future ahead of him.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
One of the commentators yesterday was asking if he was knocking on the door of the England team. Knocking?! He's unlocked the door, made himself a cuppa and is now stretched on the sofa watching Antique Roadshow ffs.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Looks like a great talent. I wonder how we'll manage to ruin him?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The kid is on FIRE right now. Tremendous performance yesterday.

Of course as mentioned above, Spurs will sell him, then replace him with overpriced crap. They have to make sure that their recent mediocre status isn't challenged too much.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only a couple of seasons back, the same was said about Andy Carroll. Let's see if he can retain that level of form into next season and beyond.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So far so good - but there have been players before who have made promising starts but then for one reason or another not gone on to be all time greats.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harry Kane is like manna from heaven for Roy Hodgson, no messing around he should be starting for England in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Rooney just behind him, Lallana LM, Townsend RM and Henderson and Carrick DMs.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Lets hope so,
although heard all this with rooney. Personally i think we need a world class 11 rather than 1 world class talent to win anything with england.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Ings and Kane, especially Kane should be put straight in the next England 11 no mucking about and give them a constant run.
Closest natural striker we have had for long time since Owen, he is much better than the Sturridges and Welbecks of this world.
Plus he doesn't do any poncy goal celebrations.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Doubt it.. Same happens to almost every "future England star". The media will hype him up as the next big thing, people will expect far too much from him and he'll struggle with the pressure. I hope I'm wrong though...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here