Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Beam-Back's

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
What the hell happened to these?

I went to the Leeds one at the start of the season and it was great. Not so much the quality of the picture but the atmosphere ect. But since then we have heard nothing?

Anyone know whats going on?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As it stands here has to be a mutual agreement between both clubs to reciprocate.

This essentially means that both home and away fixtures are scheduled for midweek and the teams involved are geographically distant, thus making it difficult for fans to attend the game itself.

Hopefully now the infrastructure is in place, clubs will become more reasonable and pragmatic regarding when beam backs can take place.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Tonight would be another perfect game to offer this for but this great idea seems to have been completely forgotton by the club.

I really dont get why this hasnt happened again. The Leeds one last year was fantastic.

Anyone know?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tonight would be another perfect game to offer this for but this great idea seems to have been completely forgotton by the club.

I really dont get why this hasnt happened again. The Leeds one last year was fantastic.

Anyone know?

Do you really think Huddersfield away would attract enough supporters to the Amex to make it financially beneficial

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Anyone know?

My post above still stands as far as I'm aware., meaning it's not just the Albion forgetting or not bothering.

They would love to pack out a lounge at the Amex with pie and pint-buying punters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Doesn't the away end have to be sold out before they would consider doing a beam back ? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Do you really think Huddersfield away would attract enough supporters to the Amex to make it financially beneficial

Based on the popularity of the last one, and the good start to the season I'd say yes.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Unlike a certain club that I could mention, we can pay for our own beam-backs and do not need to rely on our arch-rivals to foot the bill.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Doesn't the away end have to be sold out before they would consider doing a beam back ? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere.

I was at the game last year and if my memory serves me right we had about 300-400 their, so I don't think this is the case.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I seem to recall that both clubs have to have the relevant infrastructure to do the beam back, if Huddersfield don't have the necessary, then perhaps it's not even an option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here