Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Gerrard to announce that he's leaving Liverpool

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
According to reports, Gerrard is to announce tomorrow that he is to leave Liverpool at the end of the season and join LA Galaxy. Top Premier league player, possibly one of the best not to win a premier league title?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just been mentioned on BBC1 news that he will be leaving the club.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Will he cope with the language problem though ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will they?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I have to confess that I've been gleefully messaging my Liverpool supporting friends about this.

Thus far they all appear to be in a deep state of denial and are refusing to believe it until he says it himself. I personally can't wait to watch them go through the other steps in the grieving process if it's this entertaining..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have to confess that I've been gleefully messaging my Liverpool supporting friends about this.

Thus far they all appear to be in a deep state of denial and are refusing to believe it until he says it himself. I personally can't wait to watch them go through the other steps in the grieving process if it's this entertaining..

Not sure why they'd be in denial. He's not played particularly well this season (not that many other Liverpool players have). I'd say he's several years past his best now. Last season was just one final, magnificent fling. Until it all went bent at the end of course.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Will do a Frank Lampard? Go to the US and then come back on loan, to try and win the Prem with someone else?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gerrard is unsure if he wants to go into coaching after his playing career ends. I think that means he probably won't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Top player & top pro. Always did well for England too imo - all the best for the future Stevie G.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Top player & top pro. Always did well for England too imo - all the best for the future Stevie G.

Was a steady player for England but never really influenced games at the highest level. At club level, he could take a game by the scruff of the neck but he didn't quite have the class to do it against the very best International sides.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

No one is indispensable. There was public mourning on the streets of Liverpool when Keegan left but Dalglish then arrived and it was quickly forgotten.
If he was that good he would have steered them to a league title ( which is their holy grail...after nearly 25 barren years ) but you know the scousers. They have this blind devotion which seems to cover up all the cracks ( which cost club and country dear in 2014 )

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here