Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON STICKING TO ALBION'S STYLE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-l229-2175424_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton with Tony Bloom and Paul Barber.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

New Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton says that the club’s fans can continue to expect his side to play a brand of free-flowing attacking football during his time on the south coast.
At his press conference unveiling yesterday morning, the new boss spoke about the importance of getting the right results while ensuring that the fans are entertained by the football on show.
He said, “There has been talk about using a different style of play, and I’m very conscious that there has been a very expansive possession-based way of playing here over the last five years or so under three different managers.
“In some cases this is predominantly a 4-3-3 system and it would be wrong for me to change that completely.
“I generally tend to play more of a 4-4-1-1 system or a 4-2-3-1 system which in itself is possession-based and has a lot of the same philosophies as what we’ve had in the past, but is possibly not as expansive as what has been here before, so it’s important to get that right balance.
“You want to play winning football, want the supporters to enjoy what they’re seeing and have a good structure to the team. That’s the job I have over this period of this time.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 56-year-old has an impressive track record in the Championship, having guided Newcastle to an immediate return to the Premier League and led Birmingham to a highly-respectable fourth-placed finish back in the 2011/12 season.
He admits that clear similarities and differences can be made regarding the job he is about to undertake at Albion compared to his previous clubs.
“The biggest difference compared to both of those campaigns was that I took the side from the start of the season, so you had a summer period, a pre-season campaign and the summer transfer window to prepare yourself for the season.
“Now I’m coming in at a different time halfway through the campaign, which means I’ve got to get to know the players fairly quickly.
“But there are some similarities. I very much see Brighton as a big club and one that I’ve known well for many years and had some really tough battles against them, so the challenge is similar in that respect.”
Hughton believes that one of his key priorities during a very quick settling-in process will be to build up a rapport with the players and ensure the team continues their recent upturn in form.
“Of course I have the experiences of taking two teams in the Championship and I’d like to think I’ve done fairly well with those clubs, but now it’s all about getting to know the players as quickly as I can because you want to hit the ground running.
“From what I’ve heard of the group we have here, irrespective of the results, is that the general atmosphere in the training camp has been very good and there are a great group of lads that want to learn and develop.
“Sometimes in the more difficult periods there are individuals that can shine through the more difficult times and we need as many of those players as possible.”**[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here