Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon signed 6 years ago today.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A great signing for us, and it's his birthday on Monday. I wonder if he is in Brighton for life. He just comes over as being a great guy.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A great signing for us, and it's his birthday on Monday. I wonder if he is in Brighton for life. He just comes over as being a great guy.

Quite probably the least contraversial post in the history of NSC. He really does seem to be a genuinely nice bloke and hopefully he'll be tied to the club, in some way, for a long time yet.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

And he almost signed for twatkins at stains before having an epiphany of his future with us. Club legend on and off the pitch.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Made his debut Wallsall away if I think, and I thought he was gash.

How wrong I was.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes. The Southampton saga. Remember the stick he got on here for that? :lol:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Wikipedia claim that he signed for the Albion on 7th January 2010. I think this must be right as he was a Poyet signing. Which means he has been with us for 5 years now. If he plays until he is 37/38 he would get a testimonial.

He has been excellent for us, both on and off the pitch.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
One of our best signings. I'm not surprised the team played with such desire in the last game with him as captain. He seems like a top guy as well. I hope he is with the club in what ever capacity for a very long time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wikipedia claim that he signed for the Albion on 7th January 2010. I think this must be right as he was a Poyet signing. Which means he has been with us for 5 years now. If he plays until he is 37/38 he would get a testimonial.

He has been excellent for us, both on and off the pitch.

For once, Wiki is right. It's five years ago when he signed.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Seeing the post about Agustien and this one, has there ever been two players for the Albion so far apart in attitude and work rate, Calde the legend, Agustien the b***end

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That game at Walsall was bloody freezing and the pitch was dreadful, don't think they had played a home game for four weeks due to the snow.

Great debut and was glad I was there to see the start of a great career with us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just one of the reasons why he's a top bloke. calde.jpg

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
You do wonder if he looks at Southampton in the Prem with envious eyes, although knowing his positive mindset probably not. BHA legend. Do feel bad for him that he'll probably never play in the top flight now.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
He mentioned not long ago how he came over on the ferry to Portsmouth in the most awful rain and wind and wondered if he was crazy to swap Spain for this terrible weather. Lucky for us he didn't hightail it back home again

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He mentioned not long ago how he came over on the ferry to Portsmouth in the most awful rain and wind and wondered if he was crazy to swap Spain for this terrible weather. Lucky for us he didn't hightail it back home again

He looked at Gillingham first. How that didn't put him off England, I'll never know.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
How he got to us in the first place is a story that legends are made of.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Ah yes. The Southampton saga. Remember the stick he got on here for that? :lol:

It honestly took me a while to trust him. I recall him hobbling around Withdean as i stood behind some double glazing advertising, to cheer their end of season-ry. At that moment the news came through that he was off to Southampton, and i wished him harm. That wish perhaps then came true i suppose, his enfeebled hip preventing his move. I felt horribly cheated upon that he dreamt of elsewhere so readily. Now, of course, he's a rightful legend. I won't, though, allow him to manage us until that underlip muffery is shaven clean off. Fine, remove it and have it framed on a facehair wall of legends perhaps with Stuart Storer's lucky bristler, but don't act like an authoritative figure with that cock-rocking flangery on your face.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Utter legend. What he lacks in ability he more than makes up for in effort, application and passion for the club and the cause. What a man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here